Enzotech Ultra-X review

Here's a short review for Enzotech Ultra-X cpu cooler. So without wasting any time, let's go.

I had ordered the cooler from sidewindercomputers and it took 9 days to reach me. Was really worried about the condition of the package but it was in excellent condition. The total cost including shipping was $105.99, didn't have to pay any custom duty or postage fee.

Sorry for the picture quality (its my 1.3MP Nokia 6630).

Specs of the cooler:
Dimension: 148*148*118mm

Weight : 835g

Fan : Delta Fan
120*120*25mm
Noise 38.5 dB-A (at max speed)
Airflow 82.67 CFM (at max speed)
Two ball bearing

Heatsink : Forge C1100 copper base, mirror finish (machined to
0.0003 per inch run-out)
Aluminium pin fin heat sink (the small black one on the base)
Four 8mm heat pipes
Aluminium fins

Thermal grease : Arctic Silver 5 (I will be using Arctic Cooling MX-1 instead)

Accessories: Back plate for socket (INTEL)775, (AMD)754,939,940,AM2
One Retention modules, two clip bolts and one clip lever for AMD
Four innerspring screws and four rubber washers for INTEL
One fan controller
One knob for the fan controller and two bolts for fixing the
controller.

The box containing the cooler.

Cooler sitting inside the box.

Cooler out of the box.

Accessories included.

More pics

Size compared to the intel stock cooler.

That's called mirror finish (you can see my phones image)

The cooler installed.

The height of the cooler.

And some more pics :wink:
Other angles.

The cooler at work.

Test Machine:

Intel C2D E4300 @ 1800MHz
XFX 650i Ultra
Kingston DD2 667MHz Value Ram
Leadtek 7950GT 256MB
Antec Basiq Power 500W
Seagate 160GB SATA HDD
Sony DRU-820 drive
Zebronics PEACE cabby.

At first overclocking attempt with new cooler, was able to reach 2.7GHz with all the setting at auto (Vcore was at 1.25v). The memory was set to Unlinked. The temps were:
Idle 37C
Load 42c

Next had to bump up voltage or else the overclock simply failed. This is the current setting:
OVERCLOCKING RESULTS

Vcore: 1.35v(BIOS), 1.32-1.33v(windows)
FSB : 1.4v
Memory: 2.0v (1.8v just was not able to load windows)
nforce SPP: 1.4v

CPU: 3000MHz
CPU multiplier: 9x
BUS speed: 333MHz
FSB: 1333MHz (QDR)
Memory: 667MHz (DDR)
CPU:RAM Ratio 1:1

For temperature reading, used CORE TEMP 0.95 and SPEEDFAN 4.32. To stress test the overclock ran ORTHOS + Real Time HDR IBL + Super pi 1.5 16M (all at once).

So now let's compare some temperature:
1) E4300 @ 1800MHz with Vcore @ 1.25v
Idle -> 34c
Load -> 38c

2) E4300 @ 2700MHz with Vcore @ 1.25v
Idle -> 37c
Load - 42c

3) E4300 @ 3000Mhz with Vcore @ 1.32v (windows would crash or orthos gave error at lower voltage)
Idle -> 40c
Load-> 49c

The whole machine was just crawling and the test was done with closed case. With open case the temps differrence was 5-6c. Also the fans RPM was set at 1500, it can go upto 2600 but its noisy. Now when the fan was set at 2600RPM the temps were down by 6c in closed case senario.

Other than that, played Company of heroes (1.7 patched) for an hour with high setting @1440*900 and the temps was around 44C.

Will try to push it more but later. Must say the the cooler does perform as intended.

Pros: Cooling performance
Easy to install. Perfect fitting and doesn't more a bit.
Fan speed can be controlled (virtually silent upto 1800RPM)
Good branded thermal paste included in the package.
As its a down facing cooler, it cools the surrounding components like
northbridge, memory, PWM and maybe the back of your graphics card.
Looks good :D

Cons: Big size (can be installed in any orientation, given you have space.
But small cabby will have problem.)
Weight (835g with the fan)
Had to remove the mobo for installation (but most 3rd party intel
cooler have the same procedure)
Noisy when the fan is at its full speed.

One piece of advice, just be careful while moving your cabby with the cooler installed. Boy this thing is heavy.

Thank you.

very nice review , maybe some comparison with the stock cooler would have been better :)

Congrats n a nice review there. I got the same cooler. Havta say, the performance is jus amazing!!
Had tried 3.6ghz on my e6600....the idle temps were 38c......load temps went upto 47c......ambient temp-25c...durin super PI 32M.
(fan at full speed)
....and while runnin orthos beta...load temps reach 53-54c....100% CPU stress.

CHEERS.

GunnerMania said:
Congrats n a nice review there. I got the same cooler. Havta say, the performance is jus amazing!!
Had tried 3.6ghz on my e6600....the idle temps were 38c......load temps went upto 47c......ambient temp-25c...durin super PI 32M.
(fan at full speed)
....and while runnin orthos beta...load temps reach 53-54c....100% CPU stress.

CHEERS.
how much Vcore? :) nice OC man :hap2:

john
nice review :hap2:

Thanks you very much guys for your comments. This was my first review at TechEnclave, so was a little nervous.
As for comparision, with stock cooler I overclocked the cpu to 2.6GHz.
These are the temperature with Vcore being 1.25v and using stock cooling:
Idle -> 39c
Load -> 45c (with gaming for 1 hour) and 50c (with orthos running for 30 minutes)

Fantastic review for a fantastic cooler.:thumb:

Did you get the 939 steel backplate and cpu hsf bracket along with the controller and the mounts and fan and grill?
Not much importance to C2D and most 939 users and hence the cost included is a waste but great for dfi 939 owner who have plastic backplates and the likes.
Looking at the whole package- quite vfm.:ashamed:
Good pics except a few side profile pics and a better cam would have helped.:p

BTW, how risky are the heatpipes- i mean how easily will they warp/flex when you try to twist off the Enzo off the cpu aftre prolonged use?
I have seen few pics where the Enzo fan/fins part is bent closer to the base.:(
IIRC, this is something that is seen with the Gigabyte Gpower pro like coolers that dont have any solid part to support the fin/fan part unlike the XP90.
The SI-128 has 2 hanger like bars to take care of that and keep it quite rigid.:)

Yours seems fine- Gunnermania's seemed a lil drooping.:p

Please take this in a good way- you need better case cooling- use a 60cfm odd 120mm fan at the rear- like say a Sony/Scythe 63cfm or anything you like.:)
I have experienced that its roughly at 55 or so cfm and above that 120mm fans start showing gains over fast 80/92mm fans.:ashamed:
You should achieve at least 3-4C lower cpu temps, imho.:ashamed:
Preferably get rid of the holey barrier at the back of the case as it looks very restricyive(adds to noise too) and use a fan fingerguard like the one on the enzo.:)

@BIKeINTEIN
Well I do have a second pc having X2 3800+ 939 socket (with Arctic cooling Freezer 64 Pro), so maybe I'll use it on this one for testing :D
The heatpipes are solid but will bend if you put a good amount of force. me also seen the pics with drooping enzotech cooler. The package had a hard foam block between the aluminium fins and the base to prevent it from bending.
And yes, I am going to replace that rear fan soon. As for cutting the honey comb grill, a very good suggestion. Maybe I can use the "DREMEL" to cut it out.
As for the camera, I usually don't have much use of it but still think I should get one. In future review, it would help. ;)

Back