EPFO Questions

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Hi all

I left my job last year after more than 5 years tenure at that company (not giving exact time to prevent id, even if that's a remote possibility). But, my former employer has put down the service end date as <5 years. The difference between the date they put and actual end date is more than 1 year.

Questions:
- I'm looking to withdraw the amount in the account. Is it feasible that this request would be approved despite the discrepancy?
- If the request is rejected, can it be termed as false declaration on the withdrawal form and affect future withdrawal requests?
- Should I get the discrepancy fixed first before putting in a withdrawal request?

Appreciate any inputs.

Hi all

I left my job last year after more than 5 years tenure at that company (not giving exact time to prevent id, even if that's a remote possibility). But, my former employer has put down the service end date as <5 years. The difference between the date they put and actual end date is more than 1 year.

Questions:
- I'm looking to withdraw the amount in the account. Is it feasible that this request would be approved despite the discrepancy?
- If the request is rejected, can it be termed as false declaration on the withdrawal form and affect future withdrawal requests?
- Should I get the discrepancy fixed first before putting in a withdrawal request?

Appreciate any inputs.
Ideally, you should get the tenure fixed if it's the fault of the company for declaring incorrectly.

However, you should be able to withdraw the amount, but don't quote me on that.

I had completed 4 years and 9 months at my previous company and was able to withdraw the full amount by declaring it as an emergency on the portal.

I got the gratuity but now I'm wondering whether they calculated it as per the incorrect tenure or correct tenure.

I had completed 4 years and 9 months at my previous company and was able to withdraw the full amount by declaring it as an emergency on the portal.
The problem isn't really that the stated tenure is <5years, it's that the tenure is incorrect. If I'm applying for withdrawal they'll ask me service length which is obviously not going to match what the company uploaded.

I got the gratuity but now I'm wondering whether they calculated it as per the incorrect tenure or correct tenure.

The problem isn't really that the stated tenure is <5years, it's that the tenure is incorrect. If I'm applying for withdrawal they'll ask me service length which is obviously not going to match what the company uploaded.
your concern is absolutely correct draft an email and get the dates corrected that also means that they might have skimped your EPFO money followed by your GRATUITY

No the EPFO deposits are all there, I checked the account. The gratuity might be an issue, I'll have to look into that also.

Back