Epic Threatens to Move Gears to PS3?

Guess microsoft will have to mend their ways....GOW going to PS3 is not gonna be good news for MS......
Code:
It would seem that Developer/Publisher relations between Epic and Microsoft Game Studios is at an all time low and even spilling out into the public. In short...
Source

I dont think M$ would easily let EPIC go out of their hands!!!

There must be some binding contract b/w EPIC & M$ that would make Epic pay thru their nose if they chose to port GeOW to PS3!!!

But if it doesn't click & GeOW does comes to PS3!!!!

I can see the PS3 fanboys celebrating their victory over M$ X360!!!!

M$ needs to act low specially for this time. Losing Gears willl leave them only with Halo and they can't afford that. They'll need Gears 2 to fight back FF13.

Mark Rein of Epic has lashed out against rumors that Epic are considering porting Gears of War to the PS3.

This story is complete bull****. I emailed the site and asked them to take it down. We're very happy with our relationship with Microsoft. If it weren't for them Gears wouldn't be the huge hit it has become.

Source:Epic Games Forums

Actually the website mentioned above has mistaken an interview at E3 where it was mentioned that the game is not a xbox 360 exclusive. The game is not coming on the ps3 rather it will launch on the PC platform. The game is however not expected any time soon on the PC.

It's amazing how something can get misinterpreted like that.

Baah, but even if it did come on the PS3, it wouldn't mean that much. It's already a million seller on the X360. Pretty much anyone who would want to play it already has. I can't imagine a costlier console with a three times as small consumer base doing much to increase sales of the game.

OCTAVE : Actually the website mentioned above has mistaken an interview at E3 where it was mentioned that the game is not a xbox 360 exclusive. The game is not coming on the ps3 rather it will launch on the PC platform. The game is however not expected any time soon on the PC.

yeah and theyll probably launch geow on the pc when geow2 is coming on the 360 ....

Epic and M$ were havin disputes for the past 2 months since Mark Rain and Cliffy B officially launched the free map packs for the GOW users on XBOX live
microsoft wanted to charge for each map.
atleast this was what i hear in the interview with Gamehead(Gametrailers)

Haha. The rumour was spread by a site called the "Sony Protection Group". Should there even be any doubt about whether they'd make stuff like this up?

Back