CPU/Mobo Error loading OS

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I was confused whether to post this thread in this category or in O/S, but the problem is confusing....read on
I got new 250GB Maxtor sata Maxline plus II HDD.

I got 2 systems, Intel n AMD.

I tried installing fresh OS on AMD machine, but after completing first phase of setup, it says 'ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM. Tried several times n with various CD's.
Then tried on Intel n eveRything worked well.
Again tried on AMD, same issue arises.
But m using 160Sata n 80Sata OS HDD n working fine on AMD.

What cud be problem with 250s???

Tried all BIOS tweaks nothing worked.

arunhalo said:
made sure set up floppy use raid one and set up the os raid for sata hd ;)
If there was any need, then certainly Asus wud had provided a Raid floppy with mobord. I didnt got any Raid floppy. As far as Raid is considered, if that was the case then it shudnt had setup OS on 80/120/160/180 Sata.
Also there r no Bios updates or such Raid utility/drivers available for the make @ Asus.

is the error showing just after the first reboot, ie just after the bios screen or after the windows screen shows up? Anyway, i dont think the bios is the problem, unless you have set not to boot from the hard disk.. Also RAID dont seems to be the one, coz if so it'd interfere in the first step itself.. Most probably the hard disk is the culprit..

Have you been reformatting the hdd each time for the install.... ? try downloading gparted livecd, and completely erasing the partition and re-formating the hdd as NTFS, and then re-install OS. If all else fails, you could try copying the files to, and installing from... the hdd.

Back