eSATA not working on XPS

deven_x

Disciple
hey guys...
i have dell XPS Studio laptop running on win 7 . i currently bought a SATA to eSATA converter but whenever i tried connecting it to the laptop vie eSATA port it neither detects in BIOS or by win 7 . Can someone help me figuring out how to get this thing to work ?

sure , go into bios look for SATA operation option in BIOS and set it to Raid autodetect /AHCI, as eSATA ports would only work if the sata operation is set to AHCI

please elaborate your problem ..with detailed explanations of connections you made..and whether the external storage has a power supply or not..

Which device you are connecting.. It should have separate power connector as well 'coz eSATA does not supply power unlike USB..

@ryanrulez4ever...in BIOS it is AHCI only...if i change it..windows also will not run ...

@titana's ...well right now...iam trying to connect my desktop sata hard disk to the laptop since i need to back up my data..comp has crashed...to the data port i have put a sata cable n the other end is a esata cable connected to the laptop...for powering the hard disk iam using the computer power supply only..

@HailStonE's .... yeah i know..iam using the comp power supply for that...

Back