Audio ESI Juli@ PCI sound card, need help

sajjad4joy

Disciple
Hi Friends,

I have system build with Intel i7 3770k processor and Asus Maximus V formula motherboard. I was not really satisfied with the Audio performance and thought of buying a dedicated sound card. Got suggestions from friend to buy ESI Juli@ card. In Hurry without checking I bought that card. While installing I realized that the card is PCI one and I don't have any PCI slots in my mobo but all PCI-E slots. Is there a way to install this card? I thought of PCI-E to PCI card adapters. But is that a good approach? Will my Sound card fit correctly with that add-on card? Will there be a loss in audio quality?

Friends please help me out regarding this.

Thanks,
Sajjad.

Thanks @vivek.krishnan. But if I buy[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] PCI-E to PCI adapter, the sound card will fit in the expansion slot, but will the sound card ports be accessible correctly? Because of the height increase, Will I be able to fit the card correctly inside the cabinet? [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks vivek.krishnan. But if I buy PCI-E to PCI adapter, the sound card will fit in the expansion slot, but will the sound card ports be accessible correctly? Because of the height increase, Will I be able to fit the card correctly inside the cabinet?

Thats why I mentioned it wont fit properly. Would suggest to sell it and go for a Xonar PCIe card.

But I am unsure as to how the unit will fit in your cabinet. Because the small PCB which has the slot will sit over your motherboard and not over your case. So I am skeptical as to the compatibility of this.. Anyway you can check with other members and I doubt this type converter will be available in INDIA.. You can try newegg and see.. Good luck...

Back