CPU/Mobo Ethernet Port Problem

ssengupta

Disciple
I have purchased MSI H61M-E23-B3 motherboard. It is running fine but I am facing a strange problem. The Ethernet port of the motherboard is not compatible with a RJ-45 jack. I cannot fit my RJ-45 jack in the port. I have even borrowed my friend's jack but no luck with it. Have any one faced such problem ? Should I send my board for RMA ?

No buddy. Currently using a D-Link card with the same jack. And also the motherboard specification mentions the presence of a RJ-45 port.

H61M-E23--B3-.html
....as per the image the port looks RJ45 only as claimed....if the port fixed there on the mobo that u have is a bit pinched/small.... its better to get it RMAed but first take it to a service station to hear their version else after RMA u make get same thing back!

ssengupta said:
I have purchased MSI H61M-E23-B3 motherboard. It is running fine but I am facing a strange problem. The Ethernet port of the motherboard is not compatible with a RJ-45 jack. I cannot fit my RJ-45 jack in the port. I have even borrowed my friend's jack but no luck with it. Have any one faced such problem ? Should I send my board for RMA ?
maybe the mobo metal back plate is coming in between the socket and plug.

Back