Ever desired a Sharp/TMobile Sidekick LX 2009??? Discuss here!

Hi guys. I just ordered a Sharp Sidekick LX 2009 (for a secondary phone) last night. Was always intrigued by the concept of a slide out, yummy looking, sturdy messenger phone with that awesome click to open feature. This phone even has a WVGA screen and a very mature interface and that fancy shmancy Alienware'esque flashing lights.

It was selling for $250-300 earlier. I snagged the CARBON one that is fully unlocked, does Indian 3G data and is brand new. Very EXCITED to get one!

If you ever aspired to own something like this, please chime in. I am more excited to start using this baby than even my Galaxy Note!

[attachment=10877:17878.attach]

Attachments

• sidekick-lx-2009-1.jpg
    sidekick-lx-2009-1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 200
  • sidekick-lx-2009-2.jpg
    sidekick-lx-2009-2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 237
  • sidekick-lx-2009-3.jpg
    sidekick-lx-2009-3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 926
Yeah it is ExACTLY the same. PV300 is the Sharp Family name.

I wanted the TMobile version since I didn't want Anytyme and Flaunt written on the phone. LOL.

I let go off the Indian warranty, 1 GB card AND the Cover for that. Cost is the same.

I guess it was available from Anytime Retail for Rs.3999 only (~$80), had got this in mail but its no longer available there, lack of android had kept me away from this phone

img0559gs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Why dont we get phones in this form factor with the config of a high end Android (1Ghz+ dual core 512+MB RAM) and a 4+ inch touchscreen?

The last one was the HTC Desire Z wasnt it?

mehrotra.akash said:
Why dont we get phones in this form factor with the config of a high end Android (1Ghz+ dual core 512+MB RAM) and a 4+ inch touchscreen?

The last one was the HTC Desire Z wasnt it?
Wish....+1 to u

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

my friend bought one few days ago, and amazingly when i went to his home the first (and only) time, it was shipped, and he bought from dealsandyou for 3999/-. awesome looks... simply awesome.. looks like a PSP. kinda big to pocket. it has 2 buttons and a trackball down the screen and 2 buttons and speaker which is also a 4-way button above the screen. and it has 2-3 switches on both sides of the phone, and makes it perfect for gameplay.

the whole menu comes in half circles and the trackball is smooth. picture quality is not that good, I must say, but bearable. and another great thing about it is that there are thousand of covers available, even custom covers too.

it comes unlocked, along with a earphone with very thin cable, and a very good quality pouch, cd, warranty card and folded instruction manual. but it is locked to use data services as I heard from him. and it is not touchscreen :(

there is another flaw, is that u need to slide it before making any call

I bought a defy only 4 months ago, trying to convincing my mom to buy a new phone, which will end up in my hand eventually, cause she can never operate it :p

dude gprs doesnt work in the tmobile ones :( i got the tmobile one few days back from ebay .. gprs was not working ..i changed the apn .. went to airtel office .. they cud nt help me out too..later when i came home i googled and found that its the same problem for all of them using tmobile sidekick in india.. so i returned it and bought a airtyme flaunt piece .. 3g works fine .. il be changing the lcd panel with a tmobile sidekick :p

right now im using sidekick as my main main phone xD

gprs is not working .. thats for sure .. if it works plz pm me :) :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

btw i hav noticed few differences b/w tmobile version and indian version i.e gflaunt

indian version feels lighter .. somewhat cheaper build quality reagarding the plastic and also the slider feels somewhat feeble than tmobile version :/ .. keyboard is harder than tmobile sidekick ... lighting :p .. no facebook and twitter integration :( .. no download catalog .. and bigtime problem .. the airtyme logo suxx x(

im ordering these :D

vinyl skins for T-Mobile Sidekick LX 2009 choose any 3! (Rs. 1223)

and also this

http://www.amazon.com/Lens-Sharp-Si...B0/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1325301061&sr=8-13

:D

ps : sidekick is awsum re :) u get addicted to it easily

I also ordered a black carbon one .. but he sent me orchid color sayin that black is not available .. so it made easy for me to return it after a bit of testing and finding out that gprs doesnt work xD ... i enquired from various dealers in ebay .. all were out of stock on black :/ better confirm with ur dealer ... my suggestion would be go for the airtyme flaunt and change the lcd screen or else use vinyl's if u dun want to loose gprs :)

The one I bought was carbon. And carbon has only shipped. The handset will be delivered today at new york.

Should reach me here by Monday.

And yes, what do you mean by lcd screen.??? Are the displays different? Or do you just speak about the logo in the screen??

And yes the listing I bought says gprs and 3g data works everywhere in India. So I made sure I buy the right one.

And does the Indian version have the international sidekick lighting???

frankmehta said:
Yeah it is ExACTLY the same. PV300 is the Sharp Family name.

I wanted the TMobile version since I didn't want Anytyme and Flaunt written on the phone. LOL.

I let go off the Indian warranty, 1 GB card AND the Cover for that. Cost is the same.

Hehe :p

But i dont understand why Sharp does not sell these phones under its own brand name, which is known to many consumers. When it sells it as this 'Airtyme', most consumers think that it is some cheap Chinese phone. Only those who know that it is the same as the Sidekick will buy. That must be putting a dent to its sales.

I have a sidekick LX 2009 sitting right here for almost 13 months. Works just fine with Airtel. You have to configure Proxy to get GPRS working.

I havent used it in long time, if anyone wants, I will charge this baby and put up a small video guide on how to get GPRS working.

But from what I remember, You have to point your APN to connect to WORK and then create a new proxy and set it to connect from WORK to WAP and viola, gprs will start working.

3G has no issues. Just input the APN and you are good to go.

^^ that will be a great help... Thanks a lot

Between I have heard, there was a similar model made by samsung, specially for india which has never released in india

I have a sidekick LX 2009 sitting right here for almost 13 months. Works just fine with Airtel. You have to configure Proxy to get GPRS working.

I havent used it in long time, if anyone wants, I will charge this baby and put up a small video guide on how to get GPRS working.

But from what I remember, You have to point your APN to connect to WORK and then create a new proxy and set it to connect from WORK to WAP and viola, gprs will start working.

3G has no issues. Just input the APN and you are good to go.

As of 02-Feb-2012, DealsandYou.com still has the T-Mobile Sidekick LX2009 on sale for INR 3999 (http://www.dealsandyou.com/t-mobile-sidekick-othercities-09122011-d-n-y.html), but their site indicates that these are imported pieces and that "Internet services will not work in India" (!) so not sure what to make of it... still, I am sorely tempted to buy!
<
Shripad, could you pl clarify whether it is possible to "unlock" such a device? Would appreciate it you could also post your detailed inputs on how do so.

Cheers,

QB

Hey anyone who bought the Sidekick Lx 2009 from deals&you, can they please forward me the Dealer number on the bill, as i am looking to buy this phone and it's not available on deals&you anymore.
Thank You! :)

For all those here who wanted to own it, the time could never be better: AirTyme Flaunt 3G Phone With Track Ball - PV300P(Made By Sharp Corp. in Japan ) . Buy Best AirTyme Flaunt 3G Phone With Track Ball - PV300P(Made By Sharp Corp. in Japan ) at Lowest Price Online

Edit: Just checked, when you select the value, it is out of stock :p

Sorry for wasting time. but you can buy this: http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-A...5-Torried.html?id=Green&trackId=gadget_store#

God dammit! Even that one is OOS. I think I'll get some sleep now :(

Back