Evo 3D launches in India

wr8_utd

Adept
It's on the HTC India site now and available for 35k on Flipkart.

Any idea where I can buy a battery only for the EVO 3D? The Evo battery works in the Sensation so looking to get that :D

It is way too expensive. But since Iphone 4 is/was priced at same, Evo 3D deserves the same considering the better hardware it has. Still 35k ($770) for a phone is a big :no:

^^ Err you are joking right ? Can the SGS II have a 3D camera or a 3D capable screen ?

Obviously the answer is no so IMO its an apples to oranges comparison. If you don't care about 3D the SGS II is the phone to beat. But for those that WANT 3D why would he get a SGS II ?

A better comparison is the LG Optimus 3D and the HTC Evo 3D

^^ Nope not joking :) People just don't go by 3D. Competing phones against each other is a good thing. It gives consumers additional insight to the choices available for them to help them in making educated decisions. 3D is just one of the features available. So comparing EVO with current heavyweight is not a stupid thing to do. So I guess I am not joking when I posted the comparison.

The 3D effect isn't the same as a 3D movie: Images aren't exactly flying in your face; rather, it looks like you can peer into the phone much like a diorama. You need to maintain an absolute dead-on viewing angle to properly appreciate the third dimension, though.
Link - HTC EVO 3D review (updated) - smartphones, mobile phones, htc, Google Android, Android - Mobile - Techworld

Guess these people are not joking too when they compare the Galaxy S2 with Photon 4G and EVO 3D
Samsung Galaxy S2 vs HTC Evo 3D vs Motorola Photon 4G - A Comparison - Android Forums

If I compare Iphone 5 with Galaxy S2 (Which I wouldn't), then there can be an argument since both phones run different OS.

Spending 35k on a HTC phone is insane considering HTC sense hogs a lot of memory.. Yus its has 3D camera but otherwise the phone is pretty bulky at 170gms. I would rather go for SGS2 which is the market leader in android currently or would wait for Iphone 5 . If u compare Evo 3D with SGS2 , SGS2 wins hands down .Also EVO 3D dosent have a good community in XDA. :)

I have owned the Sprint Version of HTC Evo 3D.. Here are my thoughts -

1. The phone is Sloooowwwww... Yes, the stock software was slow.. It wasn't as fast when compared to an Atrix. It lagged a couple of times during operation.
2. 3D is actually a gimick. You play with it for the first couple of days. Find it reaaaaallly cool and then you get over it. The pictures are just blurry and you would want to go back to 2D instead.
3. If you are thinking of playing 3D movies on to it. Nope..It doesn't really play the 3D movies which you downloaded, ripped and transferred on the phone. I was able to find only 1 3D video on youtube which played fine on the phone with the desired effect.
4. The build quality of the phone is AMAZING. The best I have seen or held so far.
5. I would personally go for Samsung Galaxy S2.
6. Is it worth spending 35k? ...IMHO , HELL NO...

PS - All of the above are just my thoughts.. No offense to anyone..
PPS - I love HTC Sense and no I am not a Samsung or iPhone fanboy..
PPPS - The phone does get the crowd to gather around you when you show them the 3D camera..

aradhakr84 said:
^^ Nope not joking :) People just don't go by 3D. Competing phones against each other is a good thing. It gives consumers additional insight to the choices available for them to help them in making educated decisions. 3D is just one of the features available. So comparing EVO with current heavyweight is not a stupid thing to do. So I guess I am not joking when I posted the comparison.

Link - HTC EVO 3D review (updated) - smartphones, mobile phones, htc, Google Android, Android - Mobile - Techworld

Guess these people are not joking too when they compare the Galaxy S2 with Photon 4G and EVO 3D

Samsung Galaxy S2 vs HTC Evo 3D vs Motorola Photon 4G - A Comparison - Android Forums

If I compare Iphone 5 with Galaxy S2 (Which I wouldn't), then there can be an argument since both phones run different OS.

Well I used the EVO 3D (belonged to a friend) and he had a whole bunch of 3D videos installed on the phone and they looked amazing !

I even used an LG Optimus 3D for over a week and I really liked the phone and clicking 3D photos and videos. Most of the non geeks I showed it to were all very impressed. :p

So if I don't want 3D (and had the moolah for such phones !) I would have gone for the SGS II hands down as IMO no other Android phone can beat it at its price point.

But if I had the moolah I personally would have gone for the EVO 3D as I quite liked the 3D photos and movies.

At least with the LG Optimus 3D I had little trouble seeing the 3D images it was a bit more difficult with the EVO 3D.

Back