Graphic Cards Excellent Zotac RMA- GTX 295 replaced with GTX480 AMP

shocker2cool

Disciple
Hello guys,
This is post is to tell you about my encounter with Aditya Infotech, who handle the RMA for Zotac. I am talking about the centre in Mumbai, since thats where I reside.
I'm writing this post because I have seen many horror stories, but stories when the process is smooth and excellent are rare.

So , the timeline:

10th December: Sent GTX 295 for RMA
23rd December: Recieved GTX 295 back. Unfortunately it was yet broken
24th December: Sent it back
29th December: Recieved GTX 480 AMP!

That is a total of 19 days. It would have been 13 but unfortunately the card was broken. This is excellent. IMHO, as firstly, they accepted my gtx 295 back without a hitch. The problem was that it gave me blue screens, which they could have easily blamed on driver issues, but they first checked with zotac to confirm the problem.

The thing i liked the best about them was that they were completely honest. They told me it could take upto 15 days for the RMA when i first sent it to them. It took them 13 days. Unfortunately, the card was broken. On returning it, they told me it will take a max of 5 days, they had it in 3.Looking @ Working days only, they took only 13 days.

Complaints? That they are only open from 11-4 :mad:

Re: Excellent Zotac RMA- GTX 295 for GTX480 AMP

at first, i read it the other way around since your title suggest that

Good to read such experiences.

Add me to the list of people who were mislead with your title..:)

I thought you were going to use all the #@%$ words in English to scold Aditya Infotech so got interested to read it but it turned the other way around..good to see that you have got the 480 AMP card which i guess should be atleast 10% faster than the 295..Game ON!!!

Oops, i meant GTX 295 replaced for gtx 480 AMP. That solves my DX 11 upgrade .

Problem is, I don't have any DX 11 games, besides BFBC2 !

EDIT: Does anyone know how to change thread title? :p

@shocker2cool
How did u determine that the gpu was the culprit , because even i m getting bsods lately smtimes after quitting the games or watching videos no bsods while pc is idle or doing browsing activity and all so i also think my gpu may be the culprit any other method to check whether the gpu is the actual culprit rather then remove and check :D

p.s- gettings bsods only on win 7 not on xp

@Pernicious: Yes i believe it has five years, though I bought it (The 295 ) quite a while ago
@sukant: What card do you have and how old is your PSU? What is the BSOD error code? Have you tried booting with 1 RAM stick? I had a backup card [The HD5770] [I have backups for nearly all components, besides my PSU, as dowtimes really affect a lot] to check with, so I narrowed it down. In your case, it doesnt seem you have a backup. First thing I would start by doing is checking the tempereature of the card while running [furmark] . Furmark will put a lot of stress in it, so as long as it hovers approximately at the thermal threshold, mayble 3 degrees up or down, you should be fine. The next thing would be reinstalling the drivers. Follow the guide here GeForce Driver Installation Guide - NVIDIA Forums to properly remove and reinstall drivers. Afterwards, I would try with a different PSU.

Yup dude dont have backup only backup i have is anoder rig which is a intel based rig , the card i own is 5770 , but dont u feel its strange that bsods occur only on windows 7 and not on XP , will try furmark tonight , the max i have seen the card go is arnd 80 odd degress and during that time dust was present on the fan and heatsink of the gpu after i cleand it now max i have seen is 75 degrees so i doubt its a temeperature issue and yes i had installed 4gb of extra ram this month will have to do memtest :)

@sukant: I didn't notice you typing that earlier. If the BSOD screen has ATI2DVAG it is potentially a driver conflict.. Also those instructions were for an Nvidia card, so you probably can't use them. Try reinstalling the drivers through the way i mentioned in that link. This is further supported by the fact that this happens only in 7, so maybe the driver conflict is only in 7 [I'm sort of guessing here]. What I would say is uninstall the graphics card driver through the Add and Remove programs. Boot up in safe mode, Run driver sweeper, select ati and clean. Then boot up normally and install the latest drivers. If it is a driver conflict, this should fix it. If your other rig has another GPU, you might want to try that as well.

@ kartikoli: Please do share your story. A company must have testimonials from both sides.

Back