Exchange offers on Dvd players?

joelf15

Disciple
Guys my philips dvd player conked repairable but cost like 1500, need to get a new one, any exchange offers happening?? Suggest a player budget max 3500
req's > component (no hdmi is ok),optical out,USB option,plays all formats like the philips and high resolution support.

Please recommend some other decent brands always had pholops so no info ant the others. THAnks!

Are bhai there won't be any exchange on a non working piece. Go and buy a new philips DVD player starting from 2700/-. You are from Mumbai, so if there is any D'Mart stores nearby, go check. They do have a philips player with usb, progressive scan and divx support for 28XX.

bigbyte said:
Are bhai there won't be any exchange on a non working piece. Go and buy a new philips DVD player starting from 2700/-. You are from Mumbai, so if there is any D'Mart stores nearby, go check. They do have a philips player with usb, progressive scan and divx support for 28XX.

oh ! ^o any other brands you ppl know of? i wanted to try lg need a heads up on it?

You can try LG, It is also nice. Just go and buy a DVD player from your neighborhood electronics store. For basic features they all are same.

Well, do try and ensure that whichever player you choose has - divx support & usb connectivity [for flash drives] - so you'll be able to play a large majority of videos without hassles. Also try to get one with an HDMI out [preferably with an HDMI cable bundled], so the output quality will be optimum if you happen to have a LCD TV.

From the LG stable, the DV 388 seems to be the best choice & it ought to fit within the budget. Another very popular player is the Philips 5996, though I'm unsure about its current pricing.

& do try to get a demo because there is noticeable difference in picture quality between players because of different chipsets used.

I've heard that the LG 388 uses a better chipset than the rest. The only downside I can think of is that the USB is 1.0 & therefore FF>> may be an issue if watching content off a pen drive.

Hope this helps.

kidrow said:
Well, do try and ensure that whichever player you choose has - divx support & usb connectivity [for flash drives] - so you'll be able to play a large majority of videos without hassles. Also try to get one with an HDMI out [preferably with an HDMI cable bundled], so the output quality will be optimum if you happen to have a LCD TV.

From the LG stable, the DV 388 seems to be the best choice & it ought to fit within the budget. Another very popular player is the Philips 5996, though I'm unsure about its current pricing.

& do try to get a demo because there is noticeable difference in picture quality between players because of different chipsets used.

I've heard that the LG 388 uses a better chipset than the rest. The only downside I can think of is that the USB is 1.0 & therefore FF>> may be an issue if watching content off a pen drive.

Hope this helps.

thanks a tonne exactly the kida help om looking for!!:hap2: cheers!!

Do not buy LG. Had 2 of them. Didn't last more than a few months. Bought a Philips last year. Working beautifully. I'll only buy Philips DVD players whenever i need to from now on.

Do not buy from Croma. I'd bought from there. Realised i paid abt 400 extra. Crap!Thats abt 8-10% more than some other well known stores ka rate.

philips dvp-3996... it costs around rs3800 and comes with an hdmi cable these days. it upscales to 1080p via hdmi and has a usb 2.0 port. the only draw back is the lack of dts.

If you require dts, go for the dvp-5996. The other advantage with this is the karaoke function, if you really need it that is. this costs rs4600-4900. it also comes with an hdmi cable these days.

vb86 said:
philips dvp-3996... it costs around rs3800 and comes with an hdmi cable these days. it upscales to 1080p via hdmi and has a usb 2.0 port. the only draw back is the lack of dts.

If you require dts, go for the dvp-5996. The other advantage with this is the karaoke function, if you really need it that is. this costs rs4600-4900. it also comes with an hdmi cable these days.

Sorry but what does DTS do?? Never really checked for that feature while buying a DVD player, etc.

Back