Car & Bike Exotics I spotted in Malaysia.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
blr_p said:
Those bikes look rather large, wonder if there is a engine limit for bikes in India, ie no bigger than xxx cc engines..

anyone know ?

Let's try this again shall we..

..are bikes with an engine larger than 500cc (?) legal in India ?

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
blr_p said:
Let's try this again shall we..

..are bikes with an engine larger than 500cc (?) legal in India ?

Sorry abt that :ashamed:

Anyway, they are legal. You can import them and pay a huge customs duty on it and no one will bother you.

Right now, some bikes above 800cc have got a few exemptions (that is hoiw Yamaha has been able to bring the R1 and the MT-01 to India). the 800cc limit was based on Harley Davidsons who dont have bikes below that capacity. There was that bikes for mangoes deal abt a couple of years back.

US wanted Alphonso mangoes and in return they wanted permission to export bikes to India. So, they set the limit to 800cc (which was very stupid).

And in the end, no HD bikes came to India. They scrapped their plans saying the duties are very high. So, only bikes above 800cc can be homologated and sold in India comfortably.

If they reduce the limit to 500cc, then it will be an absolute bonanza. we can get the 600cc bikes into India at a very affordable price.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
Nikhil said:
Anyway, they are legal. You can import them and pay a huge customs duty on it and no one will bother you.

Right now, some bikes above 800cc have got a few exemptions (that is hoiw Yamaha has been able to bring the R1 and the MT-01 to India). the 800cc limit was based on Harley Davidsons who dont have bikes below that capacity. There was that bikes for mangoes deal abt a couple of years back.

US wanted Alphonso mangoes and in return they wanted permission to export bikes to India. So, they set the limit to 800cc (which was very stupid).

And in the end, no HD bikes came to India. They scrapped their plans saying the duties are very high. So, only bikes above 800cc can be homologated and sold in India comfortably.

If they reduce the limit to 500cc, then it will be an absolute bonanza. we can get the 600cc bikes into India at a very affordable price.

Great, seems i got more than i asked for :hap2:

I did not really follow the bit about only 800cc and above and why that keeps cheaper bikes out.

Homologated (!) :rofl:

that's a new one for me, 'licensed' or even 'certified' seems so much simpler

Shrey

Adept
May 11, 2006
www.shreykrish.wordpress.com
thats quite a few pictures you've clicked :O, the only car i've seen among those is the S class...coimbatore has quite a few BMWs and S classes around...with some porches thrown in as well....but this is quite a list ..

and yea Godzilla rocks :eek:hyeah: