Other Experience with Open Box phones?

KyoloRem

Recruit
I have found a shop in Delhi selling open box phones at a much cheaper price. Can these be trusted? Are the phones really open box or refurbished?

Would recommend inspecting the phone before purchasing , as this is India and our Neighbor is China Even Sealed Box Packed phones can be fake ones , So would recommend to purchase the device with your eyes opened , hope you get my point brother .

Would recommend inspecting the phone before purchasing , as this is India and our Neighbor is China Even Sealed Box Packed phones can be fake ones , So would recommend to purchase the device with your eyes opened , hope you get my point brother .
Forget china, delhi itself is an indi-china! What might look brand new might be refurbished renewed stuff..

I would have but I don't live in Delhi. I know an old uncle who is willing to ship it from there. Is there a way to find it out somehow, like IMEI activation or something? Maybe someone from Delhi can conform.

A Physical inspection is the best option , however if that is not possible , do ask your uncle to inspect the device and atleast get it from a reputable seller also a replacement option is an added advantage if that is possible ...

I have experience of just one phone. It was not sold as open box but when the phone arrived i noticed the box had been tampered with inspite of the seals being intact. The phone was launched just less than a year earlier when I bought it. It was being sold for less than than others by a few k. I guess it was a phone some one asked to inspect and then it ended up back in the box. Inspections showed it was fine and it seemed to work ok so i kept it.

Cunning seller on amazon. Delhi based.

This was nearly 5 years ago and the phone is still working fine.

My take is these phones are display models. Or ones that people asked to look at.

At most the battery will have shorter life so that is something you will need to check wit service centre to get genuine replacements.

Another thing you can do is inspect them for burn in. If the screens were on for a long time there is a possibility of burn in. Look at white pages or other colours and inspect that way.

My hifi combo in college was a display model also and that one lasted a good five years too until i sold it off

A Physical inspection is the best option , however if that is not possible , do ask your uncle to inspect the device and atleast get it from a reputable seller also a replacement option is an added advantage if that is possible ...
Uncle is too old for that xd. Regarding replacement, once I have paid the bill, all bets are off ig. They have told me that the phones are still under warranty tho.

Damm looks like an entire industry around this.

My take is these phones are display models. Or ones that people asked to look at.

At most the battery will have shorter life so that is something you will need to check wit service centre to get genuine replacements.

Another thing you can do is inspect them for burn in. If the screens were on for a long time there is a possibility of burn in. Look at white pages or other colours and inspect that way.

My hifi combo in college was a display model also and that one lasted a good five years too until i sold it off
That makes sense, thanks. Something I can look into from here.

I have gone there and purchased a phone.
They give you the phone for inspection before making the bill. You can pay with upi/cash.
The bill will be generated by a recycling company. It's an e-waste recycling business and it's quite voluminous business.
I purchased an LG K42 some three months back. Phone i got was in absolute mint condition. Working fine till now.

I have gone there and purchased a phone.
They give you the phone for inspection before making the bill. You can pay with upi/cash.
The bill will be generated by a recycling company. It's an e-waste recycling business and it's quite voluminous business.
I purchased an LG K42 some three months back. Phone i got was in absolute mint condition. Working fine till now.
Thank you! I am assuming these are refurbished phones then.

Back