experiences with shopyourworld.com

So any more experiences here with Duty Free Gift Stuff? I found an awesome offer on Amazon via Shopyourworld and need to order as soon as possible.

rite said:
I have ordered a few times, delivery takes about 10-14 days.

My duty free gift wasn't charged duty.
Thanks for the reply. I will hopefully place the order tomorrow. I don't have ICICI but they are also offering 5% discount on HDFC Credit Card. I am assuming HDFC Net Safe card will work? Only problem with Netsafe card is that I am 99.9% sure they will cancel my order and refund the money (they can't afford to send stuff at such low prices) and then refund to Netsafe takes a long time.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update: Placed the order, Expecting a call/email from them soon coz I am 100% sure they won't be able to fulfill the order. Anyway tried my luck, if order gets through I may probably throw in a treat to everyone. :D

I have an important query here. Selected a product, there was just 1 available, added to cart, proceeded to pay.
Just for the heck went back to listing to see "out of stock".
Now is me or someone else has bought. Its still in my cart.
Should I go ahead & pay or other options?
Also tried applying coupon, did not show any discount!

Usually SYW takes time to place the order.. Happened with me in two instances.. once the price had gone up because the order was placed late.. So if 1 item is left in stock then I doubt if you will get it considering the delay in placing the order by SYW on actual site (AMAZON US/UK)..

teche said:
It was on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more.

Still in my cart, don't know whether to make payment or not!

better not make the payment.They place the order only after 48 hrs.There is absolutely no way of confirming IMMEDIATELY whether amazon.com has got the order.
Go to the online chat option and all doubts may be clarified - quite polite.
I always get them to clarify that the order has been placed with amazon after a few days via online chat.

Actually I was shopping with Personal shopper, this takes to a different Amazon portal. Contacts, chat, etc are all disabled.

I did another thing, removed the item from my Cart to see whether it comes back in stock. Even after ~ 6hrs it shows out of stock. So good that I did not make the payment.

Btw confirmed, for duty free gift, the address could be from anywhere around the World & not specifically U.S.

teche said:
Actually I was shopping with Personal shopper, this takes to a different Amazon portal. Contacts, chat, etc are all disabled.

Btw confirmed, for duty free gift, the address could be from anywhere around the World & not specifically U.S.

1. Just open another home page on another tab.

2. Can I use my own SYW rupees though,instead of a debit card.Don't want to ask them on chat as it seems to be a work-around the duty free requirements.

Back