CPU/Mobo Experts help me!

nitinshar1

Disciple
dear friends, I have P4 1.8Ghz with gigabyte-8ld533c motherboard which is not responding at all.I have shown mobo/cpu to many people they say mobo is gone although mobo light is on cpu fan is running & there is no sign of heating on any chip.I also tried my cpu on a new mobo it does not work & another cpu on my mobo it didnot start.
so I want you(wizards) to let me know is my mobo&proc really gone or there is a hope of one be alright.
help me in my analysis.
thanks in advance.
nitin

nitinshar1 said:
dear friends, I have P4 1.8Ghz with gigabyte-8ld533c motherboard which is not responding at all.I have shown mobo/cpu to many people they say mobo is gone although mobo light is on cpu fan is running & there is no sign of heating on any chip.

I also tried my cpu on a new mobo it does not work & another cpu on my mobo it didnot start.
so I want you(wizards) to let me know is my mobo&proc really gone or there is a hope of one be alright.
help me in my analysis.
thanks in advance.
nitin

The board must be more than 3 yrs old so I think it was time u laid it to rest. :(

Besides since u've tried the processor on some other board and didn work, maybe the processor must've also conked of.. Did u make sure the processor was compatible with those boards u'd tried???

Can u spend like 7k for a new system?? U can get a decent board [with IGP] + RAM + a new processor for that. :)

nitinshar1 said:
I also tried my cpu on a new mobo it does not work & another cpu on my mobo it didnot start.

u tested ur years old CPU on new mobo????:huh: ... can u tell us on which mobo u tested BTW

may be ur RAM goes wrong.... its not helpful to invest for making that old stuff running rather try that gannu said... :)

Back