Storage Solutions External DVD Writer Dilemma

polarviga

Disciple
My Frnd Wants to get a External DVD Writer for his netbook..so kindly suggest one..
Is it better to get a dvd writer with an 5.25" external casing or a slim writer..his budget is abt 3k..he is going to buy online...coz it is not available in my city:mad:

found these in ebay..
dis is a dvd writer with external case
eBay India: Samsung External USB DVD Writer (DVD±RW) (item 120410119166 end time 27-Apr-2009 17:22:00 IST)

does da above one require external power?

and here is a slim one...
eBay India: External Portable slim DVD Writer USB 2.0 USB Powered (item 270379662325 end time 28-Apr-2009 08:52:00 IST)

dis one dosent require external power i guess..but it is unbranded..so is it worth to buy it?:huh:
so kindly suggest any1..or if u know anything better for dis budget..plz post da link..

Cheers,

a whole lot will depend on the kinda compromise ur friend is willing to put up with.

with the samsung writer i am assuming it has a 5.25 inch casing(cant access ebay at office). which makes it absolutely difficult to carry. plus will require external power.

with the usb writer, it will be pretty slims. usually, most of such usb writer will have a lg-hitcahi HITACHI-LG DATA STORAGE drives. casing will be ofcourse from cheapo chinese companies.

i have had got a couple of laptop cd drives replaced with hlds dvd drives and till date all have been working fine.

Back