External HDD Dilemma

There is an attachment at the front of disk similar to this one:

[attachment=9660:16428.attach]

You can buy one this attachment which lets you upgrade to usb 3.0, which has better speeds.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 98
Usually, no. The adapter included will be USB 2.0.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Or if you want a USB 3 drive, go with a WD passport drive, such as this:

Buy WD My Passport Essential SE 500GB (2.5 Inch / USB 3.0) WDBACY5000ABK at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Buy Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 2.5 1TB USB 3.0 WDBACX0010BBK PESN at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also finally, do not forget to use the coupons for 10% off.....

vivek.krishnan said:
Nope, these coupons will not work with COD. Also, why transcend? Take Seagate or WD, its better.

thought,thought and thought.....finally decided WD 500gb 3.0

does flipkart offer any discount or something during diwali??

Dont think so that flipkart offers coupons anymore. If you want the lowest cost, then do a recharge @ freecharge.in of 500 or more, select 500 off letsbuy coupon, you will get the same in mail within a week or 2. Also if you use a maestro card, u will get 2 such coupons.

Next order from letsbuy. simple. total cost should come ~ 2.2k or if you only use 10% off coupons, it will come to ~2.4k

I am using seagate go flex 1tb hdd... its cool. Although i dont have usb 3.0 but surely can use eSata port which is good. Getting speeds upto 20-25Mbps on usb 2.0.

@OP all external HDD products are one and the same. Its the A.S.S that really matters. Make a choice which would give you a piece of mind rather than running for service when device goes kaput.

i am using seagate free agent gflex 1TB usb 3.0.

i am getting 50-125MB/s transfer rate on USB 3.0 (average 62MB/s)

and 25-46MB/s on USB 2.0

its a very good drive.

i purchased it from flipkart.com @4800 rupees via COD

Flipkart.com: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 2.5 inch 1 TB: External Hard Drive

it includes USB 3.0 adapter which is backward compatible with USB 2.0.

CONS.

the drive inside does not have NCQ feature.

scratch prone shinny surface.

AND UPGRADING USB 2.0 drive to USB 3.0 drive will cost you rs 1200.so its better to buy USB 3.0 drive mentioned above for 4800.

Back