Storage Solutions External Portable 1 TB HDD needed

krish_88

Disciple
Hi, Guys, I am planning to buy a 1 TB external Portable HDD....Brand preference : Seagate, Price :4-5.5K.... Kindly, suggest some models.. and is it the right time to buy or the prices would go low...

Waiting for your replies...

Hi, Guys, I am planning to buy a 1 TB external Portable HDD....Brand preference : Seagate, Price :4-5.5K.... Kindly, suggest some models.. and is it the right time to buy or the prices would go low...

Waiting for your replies...

You will not be able to find an external 1TB hard drive for less than ~7000/- [on street], Sire. If you are willing to spend this much, these are your options --
Seagate Free Agent Go-Flex 1TB [upgradable to USB 3.0] ~7300/-
Seagate Expansion Portable 1TB [with USB 3.0] ~7000/-

Prices are not expected to drop any time soon, expect them to stay this-away for atleast another fiscal quarter. Towards the end of this year there might be a price reduction.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

if budget is a constraint,you may check this out

AData 1TB Superior SH02 2.5-inch Portable Drive
@vantheman5211 Sire, nothing personal against the recommendation but, one of the major distributors and most probable RMA partners is Rashi Peripherals. So I seriously will not consider recommending the A-DATA drive with a full confidence.

Those guys at Rashi are pathetic, they took my LOGITECH G300 almost a week back, they did not have a replacement in Delhi so it was shipped of to Bombay. It is still there feels repulsive and the service pipeline seems slipshod.

Last edited by a moderator:
vantheman5211 Sire, nothing personal against the recommendation but, one of the major distributors and most probable RMA partners is Rashi Peripherals. So I seriously will not consider recommending the A-DATA drive with a full confidence.

Those guys at Rashi are pathetic, they took my LOGITECH G300 almost a week back, they did not have a replacement in Delhi so it was shipped of to Bombay. It is still there feels repulsive and the service pipeline seems slipshod.

i actually did not know this boi.i thought prime is handling it themselves like they do with most of their products.

anyways if rashi is handling it then,stay away!

Back