PC Peripherals extreme urgent critical - smps best india

sunandoghosh

Disciple
extreme urgent critical - smps best india

I want to purchase one smps for P4 2.8 Ghz with Intel D915GAV
motherboard with 80 GB SATA HDD having inkjet printer.

Which SMPS is best performancewise; how many watts should i
purchase (300 or 480 etc etc); and approximate cost idea...

waiting for answer as would be going to computer market in an
hour...

plz reply as soon as possible...

anyone plz

Our in-house hardware expert Mr. Darklord told me that
PowerSafe PSUs are the best available in India
apart frm Antec ofcourse but Antec PSUs are a bit expensive.

and as bottle said 400-500 watts will be enough. :)

thanks my budget is actually 500-600 in which i think only local brands r available...so i think i m ready to increase my budget to 3000 to 4000 provided i get value for money and smps i get is really good

reply soon as refresing this page again and again...thanks all

the point is dear friends i want to purchase one smps and be tension free for 2-3 years...i want to be assured that smps would work really fine...so ready to increase my budget

Go for the Powersafe PSU as recommended by others. I got a 400W model for my friends pc - exactly same config as yours minus the printer. It is running fine and reasonably quiet too. It costed me Rs.1500 here in Bangalore.

sunandoghosh said:
thanks but do u think its having v12+
What exactly do you mean by that? A psu only supplies three DC voltages to the motherboard.... 3.3V, 5V and 12V. These are called the PSU rails. Better PSUs have higher wattages and current ratings. The new ATX 2.0 compliant ones have dual 12V rails for feeding extra current on the 12V rail which most components these days demand. Look for a PSU with the best 12V amperage rating since its this rail that most significantly determines the stability of your system. Dont be just fooled by the 400W and 500W ratings that cheap PSU companies advertise.

sunandoghosh said:
hi thanks again

can u give a rough idea of what should be amperes against 12v+
For your CPU, the minimum should be something like 18A. Anything lower would cause trouble and instability.

Back