F.e.a.r

Smith

Skilled
what.JPG

First Encounter Assault Recon.
IMHO this is the most awaited game right now..rumoured to be released in a couple o months.

the game video was featured in the recent SKOAR! edition.

i loved the way the grenades exploded and sent the shock waves. Supposed to have very good blast physics.
FEAR04.jpg
FEAR06.jpg

One can also see the inspiration from THE RING..a lil kid just slashes the recon force into pieces.
10.jpg
5.jpg

^^ mabbe at the maximum settings..but the gameplay sounds promising and it will work with the curent hardware i guess

The 1st nd last creenies look awesome frm the 1st post......nd yup sme1 had mentioned tht the beta mayb having memory leaks hence the 2Gb ;)

Doesn't look nearly good enough to justify a 7800u.
It will run superb on a 9700pro with fsaa unless it's poorly coded.

I have seen very hi-res screens of this game and most of the time it looks like nolf2 on steroids.

Nice flames.

hey argus, who was the topper?
And fear appears cool, but since I hate fps I won't be playing it most likely.
BTW is silent hills an fps or third person shooter?

dont want to gloat...but... :D

never played any silent hill game ( 4 versions out..it seems).
but this is what cud make out.

Survival-horror. A combination of an adventure game, tied in with the hybrid of a puzzle/FPS. Most games in the genre, have never been highly successful and only a handful have made it to the next level."
EDIT: just saw a few screenies of silent hill 4: the room...looks like a TPS

Survival horror. Most don't get famous since it's console territory but they are generally much better and more detailed than the pack of mediocre fps's that keeping coming out showcasing nothing but pretty graphics.

They aren't anything like max payne, these are more focussed on slower combat usually zombies and solving mysteries.

Play sh3, it's considered the best of the lot.

Back