F1 2011 - Discussion Thread

anaghdesai

Disciple
I happened to realise that there was no F1 2011 discussion thread here. So I thought of posting one. I searched the forum and didn't find one. Hope this isnt a repeat.

After a lot of glitches last year, Codemasters decided to live up to the expectations of the Formula 1 fans. Which is a nice thing.

Here are some of the initial photos they had revealed of the game
F1 2011 by Codemasters – first pictures | F1 pictures

F1fanatic then went for a preview of the game and put up the interview online
F1 2011 – Codemasters’ F1 sequel played | F1 video game

Developer Diary #1 put up by Codemasters
F1 2011 - Developer Diary Video No.1 - YouTube

Developer Diary #2 put up by Codemasters
F1 2011 - Developer Diary Video No.2 (Handling and AI) - YouTube

People asked a lot of questions about the new game and Codemasters decided to answer them. 50 of them.
F1 2011: Your Questions Asked (More Than 50 of Them!) – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

And just yesterday, after saying, "Safety Car? Never heard of it." in the 50 questions answered post, they put up on their facebook page and on their twitter page and then finally confirmed that safety cars will be available in F1 2011, but users won't get to drive it, and there will be "Some restrictions". They haven't mentioned what.

F2010 was ok but got bored with it soon, not sure if I want to bother trying this out :p

September 23rd, 2011.

@Bottle: I Guess cause it's got no storyline and soul as such. its just about driving at the limit of perfection. Which honestly most of us suck at. we prefer ramming and pushing other cars off the track! :D
I'm an F1 fan. So I like it. Guess there aren't many here. Didnt find a F1 discussion thread in the Auto Zone as well.

It's not a sim. At least, F1 2010 was not. The steering felt completely artificial, as if always on lock. Steering assist somehow makes it worse.

Honestly, after the Asia round I stopped playing the game. Even the EA 'sim-modelled' Shift and Shift2 feel more dangerous.

anaghdesai said:
@Bottle: I Guess cause it's got no storyline and soul as such. its just about driving at the limit of perfection. Which honestly most of us suck at. we prefer ramming and pushing other cars off the track! :D

I'm an F1 fan. So I like it. Guess there aren't many here. Didnt find a F1 discussion thread in the Auto Zone as well.

Of course, no one would expect a story line from an F1 game :p Was playing few of the races and found it wierd, I guess it was more due to the glitches like someone would be slightly ahead of me but the timing would show him 2 seconds ahead and generally didn't find the game engaging.

Edit - There were a lot of F1 thread for sure long back, I guess most would be in GT. There is a sister site of TE called F1 fever which was active initially but now all the active members and threads seem to have died out. Do go ahead and start race threads if you like! Would love to have them back on TE

metalbandit said:
Will this have Stop-Go and Drive-Through Penalties?

Yes 2011 will have Stop-Go and Drive-Through Penalties, So did F1 2010.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Arjun said:
When is it releasing? i pre ordered it on letsbuy 2 months back

I have it pre ordered from FlipKart.com Its to be launched in September 22nd / 23rd

cranky said:
It's not a sim. At least, F1 2010 was not. The steering felt completely artificial, as if always on lock. Steering assist somehow makes it worse.

Honestly, after the Asia round I stopped playing the game. Even the EA 'sim-modelled' Shift and Shift2 feel more dangerous.

Try playing with everything Off, even Traction control & see the difference.

F1 2011 Videos from GAMESCOM 2011

Press Preview of F1 2011

Safety Car is in F1 2011!!! :eek:hyeah:

cranky said:
Even the EA 'sim-modelled' Shift and Shift2 feel more dangerous.
No offense to Shift fans but driving that felt completely like driving a box with absolutely no steering feed. Nothing. I've played GTR a lot and that's not how it felt there. and besides tuning was the worst thing ever in shift. to change steering sensitivity, i'd have to quit the race and i hoped they fixed it shift2 and they promptly ignored that. F1 2010 had very precise steering. and there isnt any steering assist. You get brake assist.

Also it's rumored that Vettel's pointy finger will be featured! :D

new Feature:
RACE DIRECTOR

These shots were taken from lap 2 of a 20% distance race (hence no pitstops yet). I also had the AI at its easiest setting.
Not every driver was on option tyres, a few down the order were on primes.
6010916133_e87342bd60_z.jpg

6010916089_62a2487b9c_z.jpg

On this screen if you want to highlight incidents involving just a particular driver you can do
6010916053_3d576061f7_z.jpg

This lap time info is available for all drivers and is selectable via the top image.
Race Director Images - Codemasters Forums

this is cool feature

This type of unreasonable WAIT is frustrating.
Maybe this is also a reason for piracy.
anyways, the official forum is very busy with BUG REPORTS :p
This game has more bugs/glitches that F1 2010.
I'm sure atleast the online related stuff would be fixed with a patch.

How many of you guys are getting this game?
I'm interested in playing the Indian GP :D
by the time we get the game, the 1st patch would be out, i'm just hoping its under 200MB, I stopped playing dirt 3 because of its huge 600 MB update.
That's too much for me on 3g internet.

Mine will be delivered tomorrow according to letsbuy , i read PC version is much better with 60 fps limit , Xbox and Ps3 have been limited to 30 fps , PS3 looks the worst out of the three versions.

I'd get the game today, hopefully.

btw, patch v 1.1 is out, you can dl from official forum.
30MB size

community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403/474265-pc-patch-v1-1-standalone-links.html

Back