F1 Fans cheer!! Juan "madcap" Montoya to leave F1!!

Nikhil

Skilled
The Official Formula 1 Website

Good news!! That idiot was never fit to drive an F1 car..... he is better off banging wheels in Nascar. F1 is too classy and sophistictaed for him :p

"Formula One is very exciting cars and technology, but anyone knows it's not the most exciting thing you can watch," he said. "You touch wheels, and you're an animal."

So true....when will he realise that F1 is not rallying.... it is a precision sport... Perfection is necessary, not optional.

^^What do u think we have Sato for :p

Anyway yea finally hes gone. Never liked him in the first place. He only performed at williams, struggled to even come close to kimi in mclaren. Ive gotta say the most arrogant guy in F1.

Performed at Williams :S :S ?? when ?? Where ?? He won 7 races in his career..... of 6 yrs!! That is not called "performing" :p ....

He is one of the most overrated drivers on the F1 grid.

Arre nikhil, in the last two years he hasnt performed at mclaren. But at williams he definitely performed. Just race wins dont count, he has approx 32 podiums from some 90 starts. If that isnt performance, what is? And most of that was at williams remember. But true, he is overrated and i think mclaren have a much better driver in de la rosa now racing instead of him. I can never forget his broken shoulder incident, which he claimed happened while he was playing tennis :rofl:

Montoya was the only one to hold a candle to the evil MS around 202-2004 seasons after hakkinen had retired.

Williams were a team to reckon with while he was there.

He was aggression personified and even MS was quite afraid of him.

Sigh..one of the most aggressive and fastest drivers of F1 is leaving :'(.

Grazi Juan Pablo!

Thank God!! I JMP was the most over-rated driver when he arrived in F1 and he never ever lived upto the hype!!

And there is no comparison between Kimi n JPM...Kimi far superior in every aspect!

hmm kinda sucks!! he maybe over rated... but he def showed his wild side when driving... and its always been a pleasure watching him race!!

adios JPM....:)

De la rosa a better driver common u gotta be kidding me , its racing the drivers should try to overtake not follow each other around , guess that was his philosophy and a real good one too , he brought some excitment into F1 and he will be sorely missed !!

kissofdeath said:
De la rosa a better driver common u gotta be kidding me , its racing the drivers should try to overtake not follow each other around , guess that was his philosophy and a real good one too , he brought some excitment into F1 and he will be sorely missed !!
I guess you missed one race last season when De La Rosa stepped in for JPM. He was amazing!!! He ketp overtaking people....he certainly was the driver of the day!!

De la Rosa only has experience in formula 1 driving for Arrows and Jaguar , hes not considered good enough to be a racing driver in the top teams , he aint gonna be driving for Mclaren next season , hes a good test pilot

kissofdeath said:
De la Rosa only has experience in formula 1 driving for Arrows and Jaguar , hes not considered good enough to be a racing driver in the top teams , he aint gonna be driving for Mclaren next season , hes a good test pilot

What are you saying ????????? :mad:
He is a great driver. He drove for McLaren last year when Montoya was out with an injury, in Bahrain I think.
It was a spirited performance and he even came fifth !!

elendil said:
What are you saying ????????? :mad:
He is a great driver. He drove for McLaren last year when Montoya was out with an injury, in Bahrain I think.
It was a spirited performance and he even came fifth !!
Wat are u saying ??? He has taken part in 64 races in F1 , he has finishished in the points 6 times and his best finish is 5th , great drivers can surely do better than that , maybe if he was in a better car he could have done better but none of the top team bosses think hes good enough to give him that opportunity

JPM wasnt over-rated.. he was rated on his performance in BMW-Williams and he was really good those last few seasons there. But He is reckless both off and on the track. Was fined for speeding by a cop once.. :p

And as for De La Rosa, I have always seen him perform more than what was expected of him. Maybe he didnt get the chance coz he wasnt seen as a perfectionist like shoemaker, alonso and Kimi.

Montoya quits early: McLaren names new driver

Juan Pablo Montoya is out of Formula 1 - and he's going back to the United States to drive in the NASCAR Nextel Cup. There had been suggestions that he would join Chip Ganassi once again but it was a surprise that this should be in NASCAR. Montoya had no opportunities left in F1 after failing to impress at McLaren. Montoya left Ganassi back in 2000 but did not enjoy the success that had been hoped for in F1. His attitude towards racing was not seen as being very serious although it was clear that he had enormous natural talent. Montoya sees NASCAR as a place to go racing again but he may find the lifestyle a bit of a shock as there is non-stop action from February to November.

The announcement was made on Sunday by the Ganassi team and the word is that Montoya will race the Texaco/Havoline Dodge. As a former CART Champion and Indy 500 winner there was little left for Montoya to prove in US open-wheeler racing.

Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa will replace Juan Pablo Montoya in Sunday's French Formula 1 GP after the Colombian parted company with McLaren on Tuesday.

"Team McLaren Mercedes and Juan Pablo Montoya have mutually agreed for him to step down in the forthcoming races of this year's F1 World championship," McLaren said in a statement.

"The team has decided that Pedro de la Rosa will join Kimi Raikkonen in the drivers' line-up."

Montoya took F1 by surprise on Sunday when he turned up in Chicago to announce he would move to Nascar racing in 2007 in a team run by Chip Ganassi, with whom he won the Cart championship and Indy 500 in 1999 and 2000
Montoya took F1 by surprise on Sunday when he turned up in Chicago to announce he would move to Nascar racing

The split means Montoya's farewell to F1 was almost certainly the recent US F1 GP at Indianapolis, the 10th round of the 18-race championship.

Montoya won four races with Williams and three with McLaren but at Indianapolis he collided with Finnish team mate Raikkonen going through the first turn.

The Colombian said of F1 on Sunday: "Anybody who watches the races knows it's not the most exciting thing to watch.

"How hard is it to pass a car in F1? You pass them and you touch wheels and you're an animal."

McLaren said the mercurial 30-year-old, whose wife Connie is expecting their second child, would spend the next few months in Miami preparing to race Ganassi's Dodge.

"Juan Pablo is an exciting driver and immensely likeable character who will undoubtedly make a successful transition to the Nascar scene," McLaren team boss Ron Dennis said
Montoya won four races with Williams and three with McLaren

"We have agreed that, with so many things happening in Juan Pablo's life right now, he should take some time out of the car to prepare professionally and personally for the future."

De La Rosa, the team's regular test driver, will make his second race appearance for McLaren at Magny-Cours after standing in for Montoya in Bahrain in 2005. He's a former Arrows and Jaguar driver who was fifth in that race and will be eager to impress with the team yet to confirm its second driver for 2007.

McLaren has already signed Spanish World champion Fernando Alonso from Renault and Raikkonen is expected to leave for Ferrari or Renault.

McLaren could not confirm that De La Rosa would be in the car for the rest of the season.

Last year both De La Rosa and Austrian Alexander Wurz, now with Williams, stood in for Montoya and the Colombian's absence could allow McLaren to try out their other test driver, Briton Gary Paffett.

"I know the MP4-21 better than anybody else and I'm confident that I can achieve World championship points for the team," De La Rosa said

Back