Facing issues in Edge browser

nsas02

Disciple
I've been using Edge browser for quite long time and it have been working very good. But, for the past few weeks it has been behaving weirdly.
Like, search-bar search is set to Google search in settings, whenever I enter a search string and hit enter, the search page looks like a plain stupid page.
Example: I searched for string 'spinny cars' and see the search image below. I have to close this, on the new tab do the same search string and then it goes to the proper page.
1661697383539.png

Also, same search from Chrome goes here.
1661697505782.png

I don't know what is wrong with my browser. Infact, clicking on Gmail Icon from the new-tab frequent links goes to this URL https://www.google.com/pq/ and does not go to Gmail page. I have to close that click the Gmail Icon again to open the actual Gmail page. Have anyone faced the same and found any solution to this?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Reset the browser settings (it won't delete your bookmarks) and clear cache and cookies.

Check if you inadvertently installed any addons, malicious or otherwise, which might be doing this.

Thats the way to go.
Thanks guys, have reset the browser and looks good now. Will monitor for few more days.

Edge messes up after some interval for me, I tried pretty much all fixes but didn't work, eventually reset it and it was fixed, now I do not bother with looking for fixes just do the rest.

you guys are using edge? I thought firefox and chrome are like supremacy... Is edge any good compared to those 2 broswers?
I've using Edge for a long time, since it got revamped. Before that Chrome. I felt Edge is lite weighted than Chrome. So shifted to it.

I've using Edge for a long time, since it got revamped. Before that Chrome. I felt Edge is lite weighted than Chrome. So shifted to it.
Installed and checked out Edge for a while...Heck it doesn't even allow to change the new tab page. It's so crap with all the junk news and ads.

Installed and checked out Edge for a while...Heck it doesn't even allow to change the new tab page. It's so crap with all the junk news and ads.
While I don't completely understand the issues that you face, I'm happy using Edge over Chrome (I've never been a fan of FF/Opera). The only issue that I faced is the reason for this thread and that too is fixed by a reset.

Back