Graphic Cards Facing problem prob with my 6600gt

guys i had bought an 6600GT PCIE 128Mb BIg i bought 2 of those n made sli.
but when i play pop:ww or pop:t2t i face problem of tempreture rising to 78 what wud be the problem i have installed latest drivers for both mobo n GC's using amd 64 3500 s939 n asusa8n-sli premium..

Well, good case airflow goes along way, but since that's been mentioned let me add this: you might try improving the thermal compound or heat sinks on those cards.

Generally the white thermal grease that is used on the gpu is "ok" but hardly awesome. Grab your arctic silver 5, and treat those cards like you would any half decent processor.

Remove hsf, clean white stuff, replace with as5, replace hsf, enjoy lower temps!

Hope you get it worked out. :D

dab said:
Well, good case airflow goes along way, but since that's been mentioned let me add this: you might try improving the thermal compound or heat sinks on those cards.
Generally the white thermal grease that is used on the gpu is "ok" but hardly awesome. Grab your arctic silver 5, and treat those cards like you would any half decent processor.

Remove hsf, clean white stuff, replace with as5, replace hsf, enjoy lower temps!
Hope you get it worked out. :D

well put...

did that to my xfx 6800Gt and the temps had dropped to around 72-73 during gaming (it was around 78-80 before applying AS5)
whats more... you can even mod it to increase the airflow directly on the card.

I had an AMD stock HS fan. and it fits perfectly over the 6800GT HS. plus it covers part of the ramsinks as well. (will post a pic tomorrow if possible)

temps have further dropped to around 68 now.

its a bit noisy though... ;) but its better than the whiny stock HSF...

^^ Yeah use any regular 80mm fan over the heatsinks.

Also be careful not to spread the AS5 around the core (NOT ON THE GREEN PART !!) I just killed a 6800 like that (did i say too much )

Anish said:
^^ Yeah use any regular 80mm fan over the heatsinks.

Also be careful not to spread the AS5 around the core (NOT ON THE GREEN PART !!) I just killed a 6800 like that (did i say too much )
yeah I found out the hard way too...though the card was cheaper than yours :eek:hyeah:

Back