Video Failed the Samsung C530 LCD Panel Lottery, Plz Do Advice!

Techie#1

Skilled
failed the c530 panel lottery, how to get the S Panel for sure in india?

Purchased a 40 c530 (LA40C530F1RMXL) a few days back,but as i found out,i got a AA02 panel from AUO,..my BAD!!!:(

As is perhaps normal for these poor AMVA Panels, i find the pic quality very bad with multiple problems like light bleeding at RHS & LHS of the panel ,horrendous colour banding( which even my Cheap TN monitor never displayed, & worst improper colour & detail renderings in the shadow area( shadow black areas seem to always be filled with blue or red/brown colour!),mpeg noise, macro blocks & other artificats being displayed in high bitrate Hd/rip videos( which plays butter smooth with least display errors in my cheap TN PAnel pc monitor),& that too after applying all noise controls in the tv. All these i found out in all the picture settings in default without any calibration & tinkering with all the settings & white balance in different picture modes ,hardly gave any positive results!

I have connected the tv by good quality hdmi cables & High quality Monster component cables,but the errors mentioned as above hardly makes any differences with the connection!

I am now really annoyed at such disgusting panel lottery cheating strategies of samsung & how badly it affects a common customer,who atleast expects a minimum set of quality standard from a internationally reputed brand with new technologies, pictures which my 11 year old 29"philips flat CRT flawlessly displayed!

Having said all this ,as u can understand it,i am in a total fix,what to do next?....Accepting the tv as it is,...is/will be a great great pain,particularly when it fails to render all my treasured High bit Hd/Full HD with absolute pleasure which i so much expect & add to that i don't see changing/upgrading the tv in the near future!

What are the options in my case, what can i do here, in this situation ??,...having realised this panel/tv will never be able to satisy me proper,particularly as i am a sucker of perfection...picture perfect to be precise...,& my viewing profile is more in HD/FULL hd stuff,than the regular digital tv/dth ,even i dont fancy the 1080i truHd Dishtv which i got for free with the tv, btw, i don't have a ps3 for now,maybe adding latter.whatever i am Not a avid gamer!

i have for now,called upon samsung service ppl to look at the problems which is troubling me much.....though they r yet to attend to visit! but....having wasted 1/2 lakh on this,i feel terrible now, thus making the tv unacceptable for me!...

now, in case they accept the problems as i describe, & "IF" decide to change the Tv/panel, is there any sure shot way to get a GOOD/Best panels like the Samsung made S-PVA "SQ" Lot panels?.....i can afford to spend 10 or 15k more ,so will upgrading to a better model on a 6 series will automatically guarantee the good SQ panels!

so,help me out guys with all your knowledge!

Regards &TIA!

This panel lottery is really frustrating. I was looking to buy a monitor several years ago even then it existed. So I never went for it. Its too unpredictable. I don't think there is a way to be sure of panels. Better way was to buy Sony.

Samsung 6 series are guaranteed spva panels.

Btw u can,t do anything now other than convincing the samsung engineer that the tv u got have problems and forced them to replace it and then hoping that the replaced tv is spva.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Well actually the c630 also can come with a AMVA,it depends on the lot (imported panel at the time of assembly in india).

The only way to make sure you get a SPVA panel is to see the actual tv that you are buying,meaning removing the tv from the box,some dealers allow this but many don't.

Thanks pals,.....samsung ppls said they would be sending their best in house engineers to my place by monday next, to try solve my problem....however i doubt they can hardly do anything which i don't know or not tried to rectify the issues,except changing the panel/tv altogether & getting a new spva "sq" panel in whatever model(higher) if i can avail!.....the sad part here being the samsung guys seems ignorant of these panel lottery issues or mayb they r deliberately playing fools....but whatever as india being india ,a majorty of tv ppls/engineer think the TV is Good,till the time it is displaying some type of picture & sound,without that much trouble!..... disgusting,..lets C what the samsung ppls come up with?

well,all throughout...i have been a very satisfied Sony & Philips customer....& this being my sole premier samsung mis/adventure!

....went for the c530 as it has been a favourite with rave reviews worldwide, took the jump hardly considering that panel lotteries could be that much detrimental to my choice & fall such short of expectations!

now,guys,...i have some good relation with my tv dealer,...&if the samsung ppls dont budge or buy much my troubling issues with this panel,....should i take this issue of the panel to my dealer next & force somewhat to replace/upgrade with a 6 series tv,namely c630 or c650,...condition being it comes guaranteed with a samsung made SQ spva panel!

i am also very interested in having inputs from other members here, who have samsung tv,particularly the c630 ones if they only got SQ spva panels for sure,....or even they have also got the buggy AUO "AA" panels... so that if i get the opportunity to replace/order/buy any c630 or c650,...i can take them with eyes closed!

*btw,...my Tv is quite New - January 2011 make...if that be of any help to anyone!

I dont understand why people buy Samsung when they know it is problematic... ( No disrespect to the OP ) but I would suggest a IPS panel LCD any day instead of samsung.

Well i recently got a Samsung LA40C650 to be precise a 40" Series 6 Top end samsung LCD TV. Its a AUO panel. To be honest i don't notice such issues in my TV or maybe i am one of those who don't look into that much details (no offense meant). I was upset to find out which panel i had but i was not upset with the picture quality. Maybe i would be able to point out the difference once i have two panels playing the same content side by side.

I too have a massive HD collection with me which i play through my HTPC which is connected through HDMI. Also a Xbox 360 is connected to HDMI and a TATA Sky HD Plus is connected through HDMI. And the picture quality of all seem quite okey to me.

Aman27deep said:
Man this is scary, i wanna convince Dad to buy this (but the 32" one) for me but this panel lottery sucks.
Do not worry. Almost 99% of all the panels being sold in the 32C530 is a guaranteed SPVA panel. SQXX. :)

Open a poll and let the buyers comment if you dont trust me. :p

^^ if u r knowledgeable, can u plz tell,what r my chances of getting a SPVA "SQ" panel on a c630,if i get it replaced?

yes,it really seems now, i made a poor choice in deciding abt the Tv,....i can only curse me for deciding for a samsung!(though there were lots of good reviews on c530 with AA AMVA panels also,just like 'Switch' here) & taking a risk...if i cannot do anything about my tv in my precarious situation, then that's it,....never ever a samsung TV in my life!

Gannu said:
Do not worry. Almost 99% of all the panels being sold in the 32C530 is a guaranteed SPVA panel. SQXX. :)

I have Sammy 32" C530 SQ01 panel !!

Sorry for asking such a dum question but still, how to find which panel am having?? Recently i got Samsung C530 32' LCD from Malaysia for 28k. Version is SQ04

Switch said:
Well i recently got a Samsung LA40C650 to be precise a 40" Series 6 Top end samsung LCD TV. Its a AUO panel. To be honest i don't notice such issues in my TV or maybe i am one of those who don't look into that much details (no offense meant). I was upset to find out which panel i had but i was not upset with the picture quality. Maybe i would be able to point out the difference once i have two panels playing the same content side by side.
exact same stuff. my c650 is a CMU panel. i have all the above but never dissatisfied with the quality and view angles.

Gannu said:

That is kinda a relief, dad agreed on paying for the TV in installments, probably getting it this week :)

I also got the AA02 panel with the C530. I don't get to notice any difference at all as I just can't figure out these things when it comes to Audio/Visual department. :ashamed:

Are you guys sure that the AA panels being provided now are indeed the AMVA and not the AMVA3 panels? In other forum, I remember someone mentioning that it's highly unlikely that from 2010 onwards, any AA panel would be AMVA but should be AMVA3.

Obviously AUO only makes AMVA3,so when one says its a AMVA it means its AMVA3.
Perhaps this year we may see AMVA5 which hasn't been launched yet,despite being announced in 09.

^ Ok, I think there was a talk about it in our forum regarding AA panels being older AMVA panels. If it is indeed AMVA3 panels, then they're not far behind Samsung panels as far as I understood. Samsungs had better blacks, AMVA3 panels had better response, IIRC.

^^ i am literally grossed out by this incessant crosstalks in various forms on which panel is better AMVA/3 OR SPVA.....so now damm it,give me some decent panel which does not display pictures like garbage with horrendous colour banding,worst shadow colour display with huge improper colour bias of blue & red in black areas,etc....reckon max i can do is to press for a upgrade to c630/c650 like switch/booo/arun687..& try out my luck with Sq or mayb better aaxx panel...only if i'm allowed to!...let's c!....i'm already stressed out by my mistake of my choice!...

n'way will let u ppls know any further updates,as if anything really positive happens!

Back