Video Failed the Samsung C530 LCD Panel Lottery, Plz Do Advice!

If things are really as bad as you make them out to be then it has got nothing to do with the type of panel, it is probably your particular unit. I have a AA02 myself and I don't notice any such issues. In fact I did not notice too much of a difference in the store as well between the SQ and AA units.

Somehow I feel most of the people are already biased with all the reviews they have read about the SQ being so much more better than the AA panel. Now when they actually see it their eyes start generating artifacts to support their mental conditioning.

This is my general opinion so don't take offense.

No offence taken!!!

though i got to identify my panel by the external sticker only,...can u guys/experts here tell what's the panel i really got or any other meaningful info from here?

sc of SM:

yes,i may think,my set is defective as it is, as no other owners of AAxx AUO panels here at least have NOT anyway seen such defects in their panels/tvs...is that Right ??? &i need to believe the truth....otherwise i 'm quite surprised how bad my eyes have aged up!

Anyway,i'm still a bit perplexed how to explain everything/the issues to the samsung guys who would be on a call tomorrow to me.... & at the end i ask just for a panel/TV replacement or demand for moving to a better model on a 6 series perhaps guessing to get a better Spva or a better newer aa panel?

lets hope best for tomorrow!:cool2:

Good luck on that. I too believe your piece itself is defective.

In my tv with the AA02 panel, all I can say is that the picture looks gorgeous when playing HD content. But then as I previously mentioned, I do not have such a good eye like the experts here, so you should take it with a pinch of salt.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

@OP : there is no way you can guarantee on C630 that you will get a SPVA panel, only if dealer cooperates and allows you to check panel version before you purchase you can make sure of that.

Only if you put controls of both tvs together at the same settings and play the same contents you can make out difference between SPVA and AMVA panels.

Me and Gannu got our samsung LA40C630 during Diwali with assurance that we will get SPVA after much hasseling, we got SS01 panels. we were able to make out black levels difference in showrooms while we auditioned the TVs. But yes you can caliberate the TV with good output even on AA panels.

It seems yours is the isolated problem and most probably Samsung will solve the issue. Sometimes even firmware updates can solve some problems.

Best of luck, and update about the process.

If your dealer agrees to your requirements there is nothing better than it, you can get TV changed and pay upwards difference and some premium too.

@ Techie#1
I had a similar issue but was wit a 29" CRT about 3yrs back. There were lots of geometry issues with it(squares were bit bent in ths sides, circles were bit oval). I called and haggled wit the samsung service guys. Finally when an engineer came he said there is nothing wrong thats a minor problem, and wanted to take the TV for repair...it was only a 3 day old. I was angry, I refused to let him take it and said he should send me a replacement as the product was shipped out of the factory "without passing quality tests". He went said will tak to his boss and let me know.

Two weeks and no answer. I followed up, then they came in my absence to pick up the TV for repairs. My mom called and said that the TV guy has come to pickup the TV. I was ever more furious. I had categorically asked them to replace and not repair. Then I spoke to the regional manager and said if the TV is not replaced; I am going to press.

Finally after one week, I got a new set and they took the defective set back.:D

You got to be tough on them else they just dont care as they have pocketed your money.

THANKS a lot friends, for ur helpful replies!

..& for the update...

The Samsung service guys, upon call, did came yesterday to look at the problems which has been so much troubling me ..though they seem to understand & accept the problems that they do EXIST in "real" (which i described above) & it's NOT just a mental fabrication of mine upon getting a AA02 AMVA Panel,...however they also have NOT clarified what they would do in my case ,but they did say they b calling me up by tomorrow or day after that & would be trying their Best to solve my problem..."possibly" with a different Tv/panel of the same model or of any upgraded model(by paying differences).They also said they would be visiting the dealer point to know what models & what lot they do currently have & informing me hence! I really don't know how serious they were about what they said, about cooperating with me & replacing with a different tv/panel..but one thing sure i simply cannot accept the tv as it is,so the case would b far from solved if they don't cooperate with me at the first instance & give me a SPVA SQ01 Panel,which i strongly requested!!!

Now "IF" they do decide to change the Tv/panel, there comes the BIG practical question of how to guarantee that i would be surely getting a S-PVA "SQ" Lot panel?(in whatever model). AFAIK, the lot no. that determines the panel is inside the box,stuck to the tv at the sides...& that is the Real problem/hurdle to determine the panel for sure without opening the box & lot of dealer doesn't like to allow that,nor does my dealer as i asked him pre-purchase to do the same..i took the chances..but failed & face consequences.Also if they allow, practically how many boxes can one really afford to open to get the perfect panel..i think that would be a real mess,if after all one doesn't find the sought after thing! .So,do u guys know of any technique of finding/identifying the panel present in the box without opening it up ?...if there is really any such way, that would a great great boon!! Another thing i keep wondering is that don't the samsung guys themselves have any real records of the "lot numbers" (like Sq,aa,..etc panels)of the different units in the different boxes they receive from the factory which i think would put an end to my issue & identify the right panel in the quickest way!...don't u guys think that can be a possibility ?

Also today,i called upon the tv dealer of what can be possible under such circumstances,even if exchanging with Sony bravia can be possibility?....though he refused to xchange my set with a sony,he however said all further course of action/replacement would only be valid upon the official report of samsung ppls,which they were yet to receive!...so till the next time, the samsung ppls calls me & updates me...this is all upto it now!

My case is bit peculiar that, though technicaly everything is working ok,....it is only my subjective evaluation that mars the whole viewing experience & leave me a higly dissatisfied & demanding customer!...so have valid doubts where this case would finally end up in!

i just wonder how good & matured the CRT technology was.....ok,they didn't do HD but never ever did they throw such disastrous pic quality issues to me,...all things still displaying perfectly on my 11 year old crt in the other room...

whatever,.i still wait for my judgement to fix up the issues asap...samsung.thy my LORD!

surely will update,as things happen...

rgds & thanks a Lot for those great replies!

The below info might be a bit useful. i think it might be possible to make out which panel u have on the bases of the serial now.
40 — inches, the screen size
A — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)
1 — frequency (6 = 50/60 Hz; 1 = 100/120 Hz; 2 = 200/240 Hz)
U — panel (A = AntiGlare; T = TN; U = Ultra Clear)
F — resolution (F = Full HD; H = HD; U = UD)
0 — 1st, 2nd panel and so on (1st = 0; 2nd = 1 ...)
C — backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED)

In techie#1 pic his type is 40L6AF0C, by using the above guideline i can tell his model 40", AUO panel, 50/60Hz, antiglare panel, full HD & CCFL tube.

Would that be right..???

bennick12 said:
The below info might be a bit useful. i think it might be possible to make out which panel u have on the bases of the serial now.

In techie#1 pic his type is 40L6AF0C, by using the above guideline i can tell his model 40", AUO panel, 50/60Hz, antiglare panel, full HD & CCFL tube.

Would that be right..???

But the guy already knows that he's got an AUO panel.

He's looking for a replacement.

As for the chart, it works almost every time so your interpretation is correct.

Source: Panel Switching in Samsung TVs: What We Know So Far

Any updates yet?

bennick12 said:

Would that be right..???
Certainly yes but as long as we do not break the seal and open the box, we cannot find this info right?

yes pals, there r updates indeed...but NOT very promising ones...& that's why the lull!

After accepting the issues with the TV/panel, the samsung guys requested sometime from me to come up with some acceptable solution of finding a "SQ" Version/Lot SPVA Panel on a different c530 or any higher c550/c630 or c650(still NOT very open to 7series as the prices are quite hefty) & they were granted...but at the end of it ,by today only to remorsely announce, they came a cropper...failing to find a single piece of SQxx lot of SPVA panel in either of the aforesaid Lcd models at dealer points/their samsung plazas(showroom) or even in their company warehouse,....but they however granted me a optional offer of refunding my money in FULL,if i indeed wished so!

so,again,i seem to be in a quandry!....what do u guys think...is it wise & pragmatic to accept the refund or press further for making the sqxx panels arranged for me in any way by asking their HQ....plz help me here!......

also,if i get the refund what tv/brand/tech ,next, should i go for?...what about plasmas?.....i hear videophiles recommend them over lcd/edge lit led's?

my AA02 c530 is/was good overall,BUT fails quite bad particularly in black shadow areas, where the main problems lay, blue/red tint being one of them & also colour banding in the gradients which r completely unacceptable(white balance adjustments diminishing those tints simply offsets other colours ....//i'm particular a hollywood movie buff where dark scenes r in majority//.....so can plasma tech tv deliver me the adequate experiences which i demand for.?.. or rather should i stuck better with lcd tech & simply change brand to other like Sony Bravia in comparative models..which i think has guaranteed spva panels & never corrupts the Hd viewing pleasure !

plz help guys with ur honest & expert advices!...i would be needing them much more than anything else !!!

best rgds!

^ As you are already aware, that there are issues with your Panel and its really good that Samsung is offering you a refund.

If I would be you, then I will surely get the refund and go for a Sony LCD asap.

ok,they have spotted a sq01 someplace else....will update in a few more days!. dont know how good will that be,...mayb. i'm pursuing a self created "sq" panel myth,though also cannot deny a majority very satisfied with the sq01 spva panels...nyway,keeping fingers crossed for now!

Have been following this thread for some time.....
First of all it is called panel "LOTTERY" for a reason. Some times it comes down to Pure Luck.....
Most of us bought C530 and C630 although there is no 100% guarantee because the same panel from sony or other brands costs more. These models are not top of the line models now.

If you are so particular about black levels, grey scale, Color Tints, Contrast, brightness, color reproduction, banding, gradients....... spend few bucks more and purchase the high end models.

The sony 40" EX series would suite you if you want an SPVA panel in a budget. But the media playing capabilities through USB Port are inferior compared to a sammy or LG.

Techie#1 said:
ok,they have spotted a sq01 someplace else....will update in a few more days!. dont know how good will that be,...mayb. i'm pursuing a self created "sq" panel myth,though also cannot deny a majority very satisfied with the sq01 spva panels...nyway,keeping fingers crossed for now!
Excellent! Glad to see that Samsung is helping you in this regard. However if they cannot source you one, get the refund and get a Sony 40EX400.

Talking of the refund here, what amount are they willing to refund? The value you paid when you got your panel or the existing value?

ygpm gannu...yes full refund..as they said so!
some correction reqd...they would be replacing the "panel" only with a sq01 panel at no extracost & Not the tv,though they r still offering the refund if i insist!
which is the more prudent choice now?

Back