Video Failed the Samsung C530 LCD Panel Lottery, Plz Do Advice!

^Get a refund and be done with it. Panel changing is a hassle and there is no concrete way of ensuring that the panel is indeed an SPVA unless it ships from the factory with the said sticker.

And opt for a Sony 40EX400. We have a confirmed SPVA panel minus the media playing capabilities. But you can always invest in a dedicated media player later. :)

Replied to the PM.

ok,seems to getting the point & to do what i would be doing!
how good is klv-40nx500?(aesthetically looks a bit better than the Ex400)..apart from the reflective screen,any other trouble?....is that a guaranteed spva ?...also can we check on the sony bravias, on which panel we actually get as like the samsungs...how or is that thing totally redundant for the sonys?
i often hear good on samsung spva lcd tv's good black depths,....will sony bravias spva lcd black depth be that good?
any other inputs from any1 at this stage?

will surely let u all know what i finally do! :)

Techie#1 said:
ok,seems to getting the point & to do what i would be doing!
how good is klv-40nx500?(aesthetically looks a bit better than the Ex400)..apart from the reflective screen,any other trouble?....is that a guaranteed spva ?...also can we check on the sony bravias, on which panel we actually get as like the samsungs...how or is that thing totally redundant for the sonys?
i often hear good on samsung spva lcd tv's good black depths,....will sony bravias spva lcd black depth be that good?
any other inputs from any1 at this stage?

will surely let u all know what i finally do! :)
Well apart from the reflections the NX500 is just a EX400.The Sony EX400/500 and NX500 has a guaranteed SPVA panel.

Thanks bro, ..ok, have finally called for the refund today..will b finishing the paper formalities tomorrow,...btw, they have asked for my original invoice/cash memo to be attached along with the form for refund...now i asked to take the photocopy of the invoice instead,but they insisted only on the original bill...i dunno the legalities of this..so should i part away my original invoice of the bill of the samsung lcd with them without hesitation?

& now,...next tv..most probably is going 2 b a sony bravia....1)40ex400 or 2)40nx500 or 3) 40ex710/40ex520(i heard ex710 is discontinued/going to b so?)

mayb nx500 is just a redone ex400,...but it surely looks better than the ex400 at the first glance...&if i can tolerate the reflection of this model/set at the showroom,then i suppose i can better tolerate it in the room it's going 2 b installed,which has lesser natural lights entering! ...though the main preference might be that model,but everything will depend on my showroom experience!..btw, i have got a 3 yr old & a toddler @ our home, & the glass shield on the nx500 might b just providing xtra security to the panel if any!

if only i could handle it, panny v20d might have satisfied me max....whatever,i'm opting it out due 2 other practical reasons!

so, the race is all between 1)40ex400 or 2)40nx500 or 3) 40ex710/40ex520,...as i said earlier!

hope my choices are justified to my situation!

thanks pal for reading,..any insights r surely welcome!

rgds!

Yes the NX500 extra layer of glass does come in handy with regards to screen protection.But selected 2011 NX range will have a gorilla glass capable of withstanding even a object of high mass or velocity.

All the models of 2010 are going to be discontinued.
EX400 will succeeded by CX520 .
NX500 by NX520
EX600 by EX520.
EX710 by EX720.

Has Sony India brought out/or even announced the entire 2011 LCD/LED tv lineup yet?....i find some new entries in the Consumer Electronics & IT Products : Sony India ,not all,...will they add in more latter & if so when?
also,can u tell me what price jumps for the respective newer models ?
btw, can any1 guide me to the official 2011 lcd/led tv lineup as to b available globally?
& most imp question,in reality,when can the dealers in india have suffecient stock & expect to serve the customers with the 2011 lineup model?....i think that may take some time!

ok, but first let me be done with the samsung properly first,surely i would be asking for lot of advices in-between!

best rgds!

I think your and other people suggesting Sony is its goodwill in India, but I would like to say that its a myth, get a Panasonic IPS LCD or LG IPS lcd and be done away with it..

Techie#1 said:
Has Sony India brought out/or even announced the entire 2011 LCD/LED tv lineup yet?....i find some new entries in the Consumer Electronics & IT Products : Sony India ,not all,...will they add in more latter & if so when?
also,can u tell me what price jumps for the respective newer models ?
btw, can any1 guide me to the official 2011 lcd/led tv lineup as to b available globally?
& most imp question,in reality,when can the dealers in india have suffecient stock & expect to serve the customers with the 2011 lineup model?....i think that may take some time!

best rgds!

check the link for the 2011 lineup . Sony Redefines Television With New BRAVIAâ„¢ LCD HDTV Line : Regional Press Releases : Sony Asia Pacific

ok,since i have done away with the paper works,i'm again look out for a tv...this time, trying to eliminate all issues of the past... & trying with a more higher end tv!...
....so what about...the latest sony entry....the "KDL-40EX720".... >> KDL-40EX720 : EX720 Series : BRAVIAâ„¢ LCD TV : Sony India . Not exactly that i want a 3d tv atm, but i'm more inclined to it coz it's asthetics to me seems a bit better than the other ones(except the nx series,but it's reflective),as this does not have the crappy looking silver bezel at the front bottom, & also it's got the "X-Reality" PE, which seems more refined & better than it's predecessor BE3 PE & also since it's Led edge lit meaning better contrast with additional power saving.All other features being a addon,this perhaps is the least priced 3d tv in india atm, & perhaps more future proof ,therby offering a good vfm!

As the model is quite new(2011) ,there r'nt many reviews of it, so i have been thinking , will it be a good one to go for?,....particularly considering all the quality/performance i faced on my previous /samsung tv(as all u can read here)?...

So,will it be a safe bet for the taking & i wouldn't doubt any further b4 placing orders?

I hope they woud b taking orders soon(x'act date?)....any1 already done so?

Back