Fake ps4 deal - Got trapped

Ishan garg

Recruit
Hello everyone!
Im from Panchkula
Writing this post im very very sad..

I randomly saw add on quikr regarding sale of ps4 for just Rs 23k with 2 remotes and games.
Seeing so low price, i got lured and made a deal with the person.
He seemed to be professional and i sent him 5k rupees
He said that product will be delivered.next day he said that the person is waiting on airport and i need to deposit 11k more for domestic clearance..
I went to the airport instead of money transfer to meet the person and he wasnt coming out of the waiting room nor picking up call saying that his battery was low.

Bt i did foolish thing again and again and sent him all the money he wanted.

Now he's vanished,not answering any calls and no replys..

I know thats a very stupid incident on my sad but i need help!

Any way through which i can catch him, complaint and get my money back?

He said he's from
#413b Lamington road mumbai

Last edited by a moderator:
It would almost have happened with me too as I saw the same advert on olx for about 20k. The person was from Karnal and he was talking in English.
He told me how the PS4 is imported to save duties and made available for such dirt cheap prices. He gave me his account number and told me to deposit the amount and he will ship the PS4. I even had added his account number to my NEFT list but something struck me and I called him that I would be collecting it personally and will pay him on spot.
He told me that he will make a call to fix an appointment with me, but I received no call backs. Then he blocked my number also.

Look.there is a very very slim chance of getting money back. Forget about it.consider the money a token for carelessness.

It almost happend to me too.TWICE
i was looking for a Aw18 Lappy and i found one for 40,000.i went to the bank to pay but then cross checked the data and backed out

Second time..forget it,too long

Dont expect TE to lauch a witch hunt and $#!t that guy.
Reddit is the place for that.sorry for your loss bro.

Guys i got his phone number, account details etc.
Can't i trace him through legal complaint?
I also have all the recordings of phone calls

Mod Edit: Please avoid SMS lingo

I have got all of his details
Even the call recordings.

Any way through which i can trace and get him sued?

The cops would very easily trace this guy but with so much of cases pending they would not even take a written complaint for 23K amount, unless you have someone inside who can push the case for you.

never transfer money beforehand, when dealing in olx/quickr, face to face is the best bet! especially such a big amount.

talk to the cops and ask them what they have to say. atleast file a complaint and submit the details to them. also tell quickr what happened, atleast theyl ban his id.

Bro, go to the cops. They will definitely be able to help you. It might sound tacky, but some officers are ready to 'settle' stuff for you. If you can find some one like that, it will be good. Also, you can also talk to the guys at Quikr guys and see if they can do something.

Like someone else said, the CyberCell is a good idea.

Further, you can also look for similar deals, talk to the person posting such deals, and see if it is the same person (use a different phone number). If it is the same person, you can now have him, keep him hooked to the conversation, and lay a trap for him.

Good luck and hope you get your sweet revenge!

Saw this thread just now and I'm like "Are you serious??"
Even OLX specifically warn potential buyers to not make pre-purchase payment.
The good news is you have seller's account details so if you are still reading this report it to the cybercell/police asap.

I would suggest you to lodge a cyber fraud complaint, they can help you only if they want to. I have had a similar experience few years back but the cybercell were not that helpful in my case. They just keep you rolling from one police station to another. We all know how the Indian Police works, right!

Best of luck, I hope it doesn't happens with you. Stay cautious and be safe from Cyber Fraud. Never trust someone on the Internet. (That's what the Senior Inspector at Cyber Cell told me.)

How can someone hand over the money to some unknown character without having any means of assuring the receipt of goods and its quality.
How can someone make a blind purchase?
:(

How can someone hand over the money to some unknown character without having any means of assuring the receipt of goods and its quality.
How can someone make a blind purchase?
:(
Apparently someone who is desperate and is gullible. +pretty much too greedy to get that *sweet* deal.

Back