Fake XBOX 360 controller?

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Hi, I recently purchased a 360 wired controller from a local shop. I had to order it as it was not in stock, took me Rs 1800. When I went to collect it, I saw it was the white one, which I think MS has stopped making (I maybe wrong)? When I opened it and compared it to my existing controller, I found that the wire is quite a bit short than the other one.

Now I am concerned that it might be a fake one. Did anyone with a new controller get a piece with short wire?

I recently bought a wired one (black) and the wire is really long. I have seen a friends fake controller. They usually do not give the same response from the buttons and the vibration is not even close.

I guess the cable has an inline release? What is the length of the cable of your controller? The length is almost 3m long IINM.

Could you post a snap of the back of the packaging? The contact address of the importer (Redington?) should be specified in the sticker as well.

Some pics would be beneficial in your case, generally chinese rips knockoffs within a month also does it has a silver M$ hologram in the package..

Here are the pics :

DSCN0266 (1024x767).jpg

DSCN0267 (1024x767).jpg

The hologram is there, but am not so sure...

I have a black one and the back says exactly that. Except that AIM/RIM sticker. What was there in the pack except the controller.

The technical datasheet from MS says the cable is 3m long. That one is the latest I believe since the year reads 2011.

If you are still concerned, drop a mail to MS Support and check their response. What does the importer sticker read?

I can't find an import sticker on the packaging. I was also wrong about the inline release, the controller does not have one. I have dropped a mail to MS Customer Support, let's see.

Something...

How to Identify between my genuine controllers, and the fake one:

-Hologram sticker. The copies hologram has the word 'Microsoft' once, on an illegible background. The genuine (all 3 of my others) have a repeating hologram of the word 'Microsoft' many times on several lines.
-'Microsoft' engraving on top of controller. The genuine looks good and even, the copy has some letters at different thicknesses.
-Silver panel on user side. The fake is a rough surface, dull grey. The genuines are smooth and shiny. (On my fake, this panel was also slightly misalligned)
-The packaging on the fake looked like this (not my pic: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4329/packagingb.jpg)
Operational differences:
-Buttons. They feel a bit different when pressed, and the fake ones have a springy sound.
-Joysticks. Range of movement seems slightly affected. Require different pressure to press in. (On the fake ,my right joystick also pressed in only rotating, and the left joystick occasionally locked into a slight moved position.)
-Battery pack spot. My authentic recharging pack did not sit properly in the fake controller, it required more force to put in, and sort of got stuck part way.
Just so you know, and maybe this will help some people. I found the fake to be of slightly poor quality during use as each button/joystick pressed, controlled, and read slightly different than the genuine controllers. I was not as accurate.

I have ordered 2* Xbox 360 Controller from a seller on ebay: http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...sPageName=ADME:B:PPOPN:IN:1123#ht_1217wt_1141

Seller called me few moments ago telling me that, the controller is imported(from HK or Thailand) to get the price advantage. I questioned him genuinety of the controller, to which he replied that it is genuine and gave me option of shipping the controller after testing.
I have asked him to test and ship the controller. There's a huge risk I am taking for 400-600 bucks. Let's see how it goes.

Am I too dumb to believe on seller or to rely on ebay paisapay policy?:p

Back