Laptops Fan noise in HP Pavilion dv4-1242tx

ace_neo

Disciple
I purchased HP Pavilion dv4-1242tx laptop a week back. I just wanna ask u people that when i connect my my laptop on AC power the fan at bottom spins at full speed when its charging the battery.

But fan speed do not steps down. It remains at that speed unless i disconnect from AC power. On battery fan spins at normal rate but on ac power it blows out air at full speed it does continuously even if i am using laptop in idle mode. I checked out no virus or malware is there in the laptop.

Fan noise is annoying. Is any body facing the same problem or its perfectly normal ??

Temp are normal no overheating takes place..I guess HP bios have designed it in such a way that fan runs at full speed to cool the laptop.

I just wanna know anybody brought HP pavilion Dv4 series laptop what r they experiencing??

Any body using Hp dv 4 1133tx laptop??Could u revert to this issue...

ace_neo said:
Temp are normal no overheating takes place..I guess HP bios have designed it in such a way that fan runs at full speed to cool the laptop.

I just wanna know anybody brought HP pavilion Dv4 series laptop what r they experiencing??

Any body using Hp dv 4 1133tx laptop??Could u revert to this issue...

Generally fan spins to cool the components..maybe some temp issue or chk your bios for some settings..

Use fancontrol to set up variable fan speeds. You can specify the CPU and GPU temperatures at which the fan kicks in. I have a 7 speed fan in my laptop and have set it up for silent option which spins up the fan only at high load.

dude... i am planning to buy a laptop and i got interested in HP Pavilion dv4-1242tx.

seeing the specs i believe it as a good one with nice performance... the 4 GB RAM..320 HDD...512 MB NVIDIA Graphics... & 14.1"

Hows the lap upto u.... any hangup probs... hows the finishing..& working... do reply me....

I have used hp pavilion laptop for the past 2 yrs and even my bro has one

Pavilions before the dv4 - dv5 series always had the issue of overheating, and even then the fan on my notebook used to run slow and silent

maybe thats why hp has increased the fan speed in newer notebooks to prevent temp damage to critical components

anyways update all your drivers mainly, BIOS and chipset

there is no bios update as such now..There is no hang ups as such laptop is working fine..Seems i think after new bios update it will solve noise problem.

Any dv4 user could share about this fan noise??

Also it is best config in the market now...

ace_neo said:
I purchased HP Pavilion dv4-1242tx laptop a week back. I just wanna ask u people that when i connect my my laptop on AC power the fan at bottom spins at full speed when its charging the battery.

But fan speed do not steps down. It remains at that speed unless i disconnect from AC power. On battery fan spins at normal rate but on ac power it blows out air at full speed it does continuously even if i am using laptop in idle mode. I checked out no virus or malware is there in the laptop.

Fan noise is annoying. Is any body facing the same problem or its perfectly normal ??
hey have a dv4 too (bought it about 6 months ago) and the fan noise is probably just something you're going to have to deal with, unless you want it to constantly overheat. dont play video games on this either cause, although its a powerful enough pc, the fan has to have NOTHING blocking it, i.e. the computer cannot even rest on a desk, or it will overheat.

but yeah and i know this is an issue with other people too because it seems that alot of people have googled it lol :( .

Hey I just bought the computer a week ago and same thing... and when this is happenning it takes about an hour to charge only 10%... does it hapen to u too?

hey I just chatted with tech support of HP and they recomended this...

perform a battery hard reset, follow the steps below.

1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove from any port replicator or docking station.
2. Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
3. Press and hold down the power button for about 20 seconds.
NOTE: Holding down the power button while the computer is turned off drains any residual charge in the capacitors.
4. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC
5. Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
6. Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , if it is not already highlighted, and then press the enter key.

or the FAN issue please do the following :

1. Update the BIOS using the following link.
WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS - Microsoft Windows Vista-Based
2. Keep air vents clear and clean.
Reducing Heat and Fan Noise by Cleaning Air Vents
3. Increase the efficiency of the notebook.
Improving the Performance of Your Computer
4. Select a lower power settings.
open the control panel and select the Power options .

This is by design for some HP laptops, I face the same in mine too.

To skip this use a program like rightmark cpu clock, and underclock ur cpu when it is on ac power. This will automatically lower the fan speed.

Use the dynamic profile 'on demand cpu' so that the cpu speed (and the fan speed) will increase as per the system load.

We need to talk to HP regarding fan noise. What use of underclocking the CPU to reduce fan noise?

Solution should come from HP.

that's what I did... they say that it's normal but it doesn´t convence me... now after I did those things the fan starts spinning loud for a couple of seconds every 20 or 30 seconds... I don't know what to do... it should be working perfect cuz I just bought it... I shouldn't have to download anything or slow the clock down or anything... but if u find something about it let me know... otherwise I'm going to an hp support shop and return the deam thing...

portal82 what do u mean by the fan starts spinning loud for a couple of seconds every 20 or 30 seconds ?

Does this happen to u on battery powered or AC main or continously?

I doubt they will take back ? They will replace the defective parts and return back to u.

See sensors detect temperatures and bios depending on temperature spins the fan. So up till now bios releases by HP no improvement is made by them to fan controllers.(See in improvements section of HP site).

So its HP who can find solution. They do not know how irritating the fan noise is. If we escalate this issue then HP might look after this.

Back