Graphic Cards Fan of 8600 GT broken

Wolfbane

Disciple
Hi guys,
recently my 8600 GT was overheating at almost 100deg. when i removed the card i found that the fan had broken causing it to overheat.
Is there some way i can get it repaired?
Thanks in advance

By broken you mean a fan blade broke or the fan just stopped working. Coz I cant imagine how you would manage to break a fan blade. N in which case you wouldnt get warranty cover even if you have any left.

Otherwise try warranty, a custom cooler or just slap another fan onto the heatsink and continue using (thats what I plan to do, recently noticed my GPU fan has stopped working)

Vulc4n said:
By broken you mean a fan blade broke or the fan just stopped working. Coz I cant imagine how you would manage to break a fan blade. N in which case you wouldnt get warranty cover even if you have any left.

Otherwise try warranty, a custom cooler or just slap another fan onto the heatsink and continue using (thats what I plan to do, recently noticed my GPU fan has stopped working)

The fan has broken completely.
I dont think there is any warranty remaining to cover it.

By slapping on another fan, u mean one of those 80mm x 25mm ones on it?
or do u get smaller ones for it?

Yeah there are smaller ones. But i think for your purposes a 80 mm would be best keeping in mind the size of the heatsink and the ability to move air (the CFM i mean)

Back