FarCry 64bit on 32bit XP

hi
I have the retail DVD version of FarCry game.
& i also have it updated with the Patches v1.3, v1.31 & v1.32.

since i got a new AMD64 system i was eager to check the the 64bit upgrade patch. Im downloading it now. I read somewhere that tough its a big 500mb Patch, it really doesnt contain anything significantly related to 64bit processing. they just upgraded some Texture levels so as to make the game look sharper.
I even was told by a freind that though u can only install the 64bit patch on a x64 XP, still after installing it, u can come back to 32bit XP & play the 64bit upgraded from there. is that True ???

So i just wanted a detail over to how true is that & is there something really there to experience while playing it on x64 ?

Are you sure it works on 32-bit Windows, cause I would have had it long back until I read below that its a 64-bit patch for Windows XP Professional X64 Edition...

An increased view distance, somewhat different textures and alternate locations don't really require 64 bit processing.
Many people have installed it on xp64 then manually copied the new content to machines running a 32bit cpu and xp32 and it's worked perfectly.

hey guys,

i am facing aproblem like i cannot install any of the farcry patches. when the installation window comes up and i click Next...nothnig happens.

Anyone got a clue

draz said:
hey guys,

i am facing aproblem like i cannot install any of the farcry patches. when the installation window comes up and i click Next...nothnig happens.

Anyone got a clue

oye - shell out some money & buy the GAME --
u cant patch the Bloody 3 CD MYTH RIP..

sorry mods -- just wanted to tell the Junior --

@ Mehargags - The X64 patch is only for Win XP X64 edition NOT 32-bit. And yeah, the 64-bit edition is awesome alright !

Nope it's just a marketting move to promote the a64 similar to how the market was purged of all the athlon-xp's simply because they were proving to be good competition for the lower end a64's for considerable cheaper.

You don't need an a64 or xp64 to benefit from the improvements.
Simply get the 64bit content ripped for use on 32bit pc's at http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139392
Screenshots at http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51444&page=3&pp=15

All the enhanced normal and offset mapping works perfectly on gf6's.
And not a big performance hit either, barely 5fps.

anyone knows a list of places / events in the game where u can experience a massive change in the textures & other ADDED things like more insects & vehicles

& yes i have x64 version of XP as well
Im downloading the 2 patches at the moment

i know The patches are for winXp x64 only but as per my reading al around there are no Signifacant changes in the core engine of the game which neccessarily needs a 64bit Processor. So there are hacks available for those without AMD64 to extract the patches & then copy the contents over the installed game folder

here is an Excellent article on doing that -- may be some curious minds wanna give it a try
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzY3

Back