Fastest Way to Reduce Weight?

I am really tired of my Gyming and reducing weight. I hardly reduce a kg in a 2 weeks though i reduce my calorie intake, do cardio and exercises like situps, double legs etc for a hour+ time. Specially, i am unable to get over my tummy ><. Any other way which is effective to reduce overall and belly fat? I am not interested those capsules/powders as they have side and long term effects(i heard).

Losing weight is simple if you understand the below.

Eg. If your body needs 2000(BMR) calories every day.
[ http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ (Calculate yours here) or just google BMR Calculator.]
Eat 2000 calories -- To maintain same weight
Add '300 - 500 calories' to your BMR --> To gain weight.
Reduce '300 - 500' calories to your BMR --> To loose weight.(do not reduce more than 500 calories per week, you will screw your metabolism)

More over cardio and weight training (Compound lifts-google it) is more important than endless sit -ups and crunches. Sit up and cruches will NOT burn your fat.
You need to be in caloric deficit for your body to start tapping into your fat stores. If you are not losing weight you are either eating too much or your work outs are less intense. Balance out good diet and instence work out , you will loose weight.

If you are willing to get serious , you can also try Myfitnesspal .

Actually losing half a kg a week is considered the perfect way to lose weight if you want to stay fit. Don't worry even I lost 20 kgs in six months at a steady pace. Keep doing what you are doing and only think of changes once you hit a plateau.
Also spot reduction is a myth. Doing situps will only make your abdominal muscles stronger and not magically reduce the fat covering them. Fat gets reduced from all over the body and not from a specific area and hence the effect on the part which is most covered in fat will seem less but there is no shortcut to it. Just aim towards a healthy lifestyle and you will get a good physique as a by-product.

You need lot of patience and inspiration to power through the journey of losing weight. Ask me, I have have given up many times.

1. Stop using OIL and GHEE in your food (cook separately for yourself) (OLIVE OIL is OK)
2. Start eating ONLY boiled vegetables (No Potatoes) and fruits. (NO ROTI & RICE)
3. Drink lots of Water
4. Try to follow 11 AM - 7 PM food window
5. Have atleast 7-8 hours sleep.
6. No Dairy Products (Full Cream Milk, Cheese, Butter, Paneer, etc...) (SOYA PRODUCTS IS OK UPTO SOME EXTENT)
THIS SCHEDULE CAN ONLY BE FOLLOWED FOR A SHORT TIME (2-4 WEEKS) AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO FOLLOW FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME. THIS IS JUST TO SEE YOUR BODY WEIGHT GETTING REDUCED.

Last edited:
I believe one's body metabolism also plays a very important role. You see some people eat like there is no tomorrow and it never shows on their body while others gain weight quickly even if they indulge in their craving less frequently.
Same I guess goes with reducing I think.

Last edited:
Try to mix exercise with fun. I got myself a bicycle and I lost weight pretty fast after that. I used to get bored of walking or gyming but cycling was fun.

I believe one's body metabolism also plays a very important role. You see some people eat like there is no tomorrow and it never shows on their body while others gain weight quickly even if they indulge in their craving less frequently.
Same I guess goes with reducing I think.

LOL. Some can eat what ever they want.

I am 190 cms and weighed around 95 kilos,now had to come to around 90 kilos. Due to work,it was not possible to go for a workout and i hate jogging. So changed the diet plan. Ate only 80% of the hunger or craving i had plus one day in a week,i gave up food and that day was for salads and fruits/juices only. Within 45-50 days lost 5 kilos .
PS - I do not eat food from outside i.e i avoid KFC/McDonalds or any other place. I prefer to eat at home.
This is my experience,my brother-in-law is 185 cms and weighed in around 120 kilos. He lost like 40 kilos in 6 months. He changed his Diet from oily food and used to run for 3kms to 4kms in the mornings and same distance in the evenings. Now he has given up fast food at all and he used to eat a lot esp. outside.

Now that people are throwing in jokes...why not try the sauna belt, it works wonders by sweating your stomach :p

On a serious note, agree with @Brendon add a bit of fun. I started out cycling in the morning too.

I am 190 cms and weighed around 95 kilos,now had to come to around 90 kilos. Due to work,it was not possible to go for a workout and i hate jogging. So changed the diet plan. Ate only 80% of the hunger or craving i had plus one day in a week,i gave up food and that day was for salads and fruits/juices only. Within 45-50 days lost 5 kilos .
PS - I do not eat food from outside i.e i avoid KFC/McDonalds or any other place. I prefer to eat at home.
This is my experience,my brother-in-law is 185 cms and weighed in around 120 kilos. He lost like 40 kilos in 6 months. He changed his Diet from oily food and used to run for 3kms to 4kms in the mornings and same distance in the evenings. Now he has given up fast food at all and he used to eat a lot esp. outside.

Lets try the method. Seems Feasible and as per your experience, with gym over it, i should get better results :)

Food. Strict control. Do anything else u want to but diet HAS to be the single most important item in your list.

Keep your body in calorie deficit mode. Check your weight everyday if you can. Have a pig day in a week where you eat anything you wish. Not a good idea for your body get a state of familiarism. Drink at least 4 litres of water. Rather than avoiding food, eat proper. Have atleast salads and fruits as your lunch 2 or 3 days. Or 2 or 3 chapathis with some veggies and dal or so.
Less oil in everything. Avoid sweet, Strict. Until you reach your desired body weight and you can are under control. Dinner, always.. I mean always light. 300 to 400 calorie. I eat like nuts, thin crackers..britannia chai biskuits.fruits...nowadays ice cream sandwich(250Cal)(dont try this now though..but once you are ok with your weight). Always intervals of 2 hours between meal or snacks. Avoid atta or flour items. No white bread. No burgers/sandwich (I love sandwiches :(). Unless its your pig day. :). Mine is Friday dinner. I eat like a pig. :). Rice is a source of carbohydrates. So no Rice either. and I am from south India. :). Yea going out will be tough, but what do you want.

Trust me, due to my paranoid food control I have lost something that may have been something amazing. but looking back what i gain outweighs that. I am not going to explain what. You may need to make many sacrifice if you want to get what you want. But You have to take the call, your body or what others want. But trust me, it is worth the pain.
A good fit body can go long way in boosting your confidence, ego, arrogance in no unexplainable terms. And there are certain other advantages also ;) ;). So yea, I am strict about my diet. Unless i am home. Will eat whatever my mother cooks me... I mean screw diet then. hehehheh. But she knows and cooks appropriately. I am a animal when it comes to food. I eat anything that moves. But now. Non veg only on 4 times a week. Unless its Friday dinner. 3 days pure Veg. If you want to have chicken, have grilled or boiled. if you want to have sandwich, have a salad. If you eat beef, have a nice juicy grilled steak other than any oily preparations. Just start doing everything. there is no one item or one. The reason is its your body. What may work for me wont for you. Experiment and see what is affecting you. Taking a daily weight reading will help you. I travel a lot. I lug around 2kg weight scale. in my 23kg baggage allowance. :(

If alchohol is in your lifestyle, avoid for atleast the day you are ok with your weight. Or have it in your pig day.

I was like 120 Kg+ Now between 79 and 82KG. Planning to keep it like that. No exercise for 2 months now. :( :(. Sad about that though.

Last edited:
Well. Its freaking cold outside. Mentor, Ohio. Its barely under 10 degree Celsius and this is supposed to be getting warm. its -6 today and snow is just getting cleared from last 1 week. Cannot use office Gym due to not being permanent employee. Cannot join a gym due to being here for shortwhile and no car. :mad: :mad: :mad:.

I somehow cannot run in cold weather. Chest gets heavy due to cold air breathing. Have bit of asthma after affects. Usually run around 3.5 to 4 Kms for 4 days a week.
Or walk atleast 5kms a day. in different gradients.

eat anything but no carbs like eat 65% protein 30%fat n 5%carb
its ketogenic diet in modified form by k11 kaizad ull get instant result
with going to gym offcourse

Back