Favorite messenger client..? And some awesome new clients

ChambeRFienD

Disciple
What's everyone's favorite messenger client?

So far, I've tried out MSN, AIM, ICQ, IRC, Yahoo, Trillian, GAIM, and sadly.. Paltalk.

My favorite above all would probably be Trillian 3. GAIM is great for Linux, but once I got back to Server 2003, Trillian 3's features and stability blew GAIM away. AIM would be my runner up, followed by IRC. Paltalk, as most could guess, is my least favorite chat client, I'd rather hand deliver written messages than use Paltalk again. :|

lots actually
MSN i liked for the longest period of time... Me thinks its got the best in icons and looks. Esp v7 is now looking and feeling grt with MESS addons.

But apart from that, I reckon the another good alternative is the jabber clients. I dunno why its not more popular cos some of the cliets are just stunning in features.
Take the case of gush. I think it has all the features you can ever want in a client.
Grt cross platform support for msn, yahoo, aim and irc
and top it all grt grt newsreader too with some grt preloaded sites. I have seen lots of news clients around,,, but if some one wants a news client that kicks ass... this is it. Its stunning in looks (with the downside being not so grt in memory utilization but hey... looks compensate for that... and its functionality too)
Gush is a free, professional grade, cross-platform, instant messenger and newsreader contained in an aesthetically pleasing environment. Gush prides itself on being secure, full featured, and yet simple. Some people say its drop dead gorgeous but we're a bit more modest. Download Gush and find out what you've been missing.
Take a look... i am sure you would be amazed :D

gush11screenshot45ud.jpg

gush11screenshot61bb.jpg

CHECK MORE SCREENSHOTS HERE

So you wanna try it..

sure:
MORE DETAILS
DOWNLOAD PAGE

And while you are at it... If you wanna know what all this jabber is...
CHECK THIS OUT
And yeah its for windows and linux both :)

Enjoy!!

Trillian 3 didn't work too well for me, it was unable to connect to all the different platforms. I just use MSN and AIM seperately at the moment, with their normal versions. :p

wow... grt app man there..
Definately worth a try.

Btw if there is a cool java alternative to msn messenger too with some cool functions:

TRY DMSN
Its pretty damn good with some grt functions:

Well just check the list down here for the extras that the normal MSN doesn't have :

- Auto message, if you are online, busy or whatever you can now always have an away message.
- Auto log, always log your chats so you can read back everything that is said between you and your friends.
- Chat log on monthly base.
- See when someone closes the chat conversation window.
- See when someone wants to start a conversation with you.
- Be online with several MSN adresses at the same time.
- Choose if the user on the other site can see if you are typing.
- Extra smilies, see this page for the smilies.
- Add new smilies yourself. (Also explained in this FAQ)
- 1 program with more languages (Dutch, English, German, Spanish, Portugese, French, Italian).
- Login with your status on 'Invisible' or any other status you want.
- Hide offline users.
- You don't have to worry about those Messenger worms and virusses, they wont work on dMSN.
- You can use the 'forbidden' words in your name so you could make the next sentence

And this is all apart from the natural functions of msn.

screencap
10-4-1-49_1.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

and yeah some features listed above are included in msn 7 now and otherwise you could get them with mess.be patch but its still got some rare and new features.
The actual developer site is down right now. Maybe you guys will have btter luck

DEVELOPER SITE

Yahoo m!
GAIM is good but still i feel like using Windows 3.1 when using GAIM. Just wished more skins or themes for it. :D
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

i use gaim too...few features that irritate me are ....u cant explcitly see ur offlines, u cant send group mesages,and most new features wont be there unless u probaly update with a newer updated version of gaim as new stuff come up with the im's like yahoo,msn.i'd prefer trillian, but one excellent feature is the bot pounce you can have yoyou can make ur own bot to do pretty much anything from replying to opengin files to playing songs to a x event.thts cool.

@bosky - that bot thing is there in Gaim , I didnt notice it.
But the thing is whenever i am trying to use gaim i get logged into msn but when
i start a chat on gaim some "pango error" comes and gaim gets closed.

Currently i am using dMSN , and its working properly.
Yet to try grp chat.

Back