Car & Bike FAZER or FZ or Avenger ???

subhadip0608

Disciple
Guys,
I am planning to buy a new bike for myself.
Which one to go for.
I like FAZER but it 81K :crazeyes: in pune.
FZ is 73K

Suggest me, which one should for? I had pulsar so I've no intension to buy Pulsar again.

I will suggest FZS cause it looks better. Avenger is a cruise bike, its completely in a different category then FZS, apart from being an older bike, it still cant compete with FZ in terms of build quality

Owned the 180cc avenger for 3 years and bought the FZ 6 months back, i am glad that i made the switch. For the traffic avenger is a really horrible choice.

Ive been an FZ owner for past 1.5 yrs. I really like the bike, except for the mileage and comfort for long rides.

My rides are always short, maybe max is about 10~12 Km. Also you cant ask for a better bike for pure city ride. And parts quality is great. Its as good as new, even after 1 1/2 year. No loose parts, no creaky sounds.... everythin is whole, whereas pulsars or eve unicorn after 1~1.5 yr would feel something seriously loose in the headlight assembly and nearby areas.

Also FZ's engine is much powerful , or can be forced bit more. I mean its power and torque are rated at 6500[14PS] and 6000[14NM] rpm whereas it can easily handle 9~10k rpm at times and the power at those rpms are way beyond specified, and no vibrations, jerking etc. The engine seems to take it all without any difficulty.

But say bikes like pulsar, the specified power and torque are at rpms like 8000 or 8500 rpm. So even if you manage to revv upto 9~10k rpm, there wont be anything great you will gain in power from the specified ratings.

Braking is excellent, but only second to R15. R15 has lot better rubber and is in another class. So in FZ's class, it has excellent brake, due to its larger disc and wider tyres (but equally dangerous in gravel, or maybe more dangerous than other bikes with rear 100/70)

But FZ can be a real PITA if your ride includes more than 20Km in a stretch. In that case i would suggest GS150R. Its a great bike for long rides, even better than unicorn in my opinion.

FZ or Fazer or Avenger !!!? Totally different classes :S
I think the Op needs to decide what is he exactly looking for. A street bike, a tourer or a cruiser coz these are the classes that each of the bikes mentioned belongs to respectively.
I have ridden both the FZ and avenger.
FZ is pretty good in terms of handling and performance though a bit behind in terms of mileage. Also its not exactly recommended for long distance riding.

Avenger is in a different class. The engine is not top notch, though mileage is pretty good for a 180cc bike. if ur not a saint while riding then this bike is not recommended. Firstly, handling is not bad but, since the bike is heavy it does tend to skid a lot. U need to consider the weight of the bike before taking one of those nasty turns which otherwise u can do so confidently on other street bikes. Also it is one of the most comfortable bike out there but only for the rider. For the pillion rider it can be a real PITA. Also i have noticed this bike tends to give some problems wrt gears, clutch etc after a period of time. Nevertheless i still love this bike for its sheer sound of the engine. It makes u feel king of the road (until a Bullet rider crosses ur path :) )

Fazer, yet to ride this bike, but frankly i have heard lots of neg. review from the friends who have bought it. Although its meant to be a tourer it doesn have the qualities for any class. I have heard its terrible in handling. Also some issues with the headlights. But I won pass any verdict on this bike yet till i ride one. Check a few reviews online about this bike. I din find it impressive. And definetely not for that price :hap5: will prefer a Karizma over it anytime. One of the best bikes to ride on.

I suggest u mention ur requirements so u can be helped accordingly. Also try the Dazzler or whatever the new Unicorn is called. See what best suits ur needs. IMO Unicorn is a wise choice too. Although the fibre / plastic parts can occassionally trouble u. Probably they have fixed those small issues in the newer models.

Agree with do dOm1naTOr, FZ feels rock solid even when you touch 9k rpm (that is the max i have touched), unlike avenger which will starts vibrating like crazy after like 60kmph.

Even GS150R has quality issues. I've seen few bikes which makes some weird chain noise.

I am getting a slightly better mileage in FZ compared to the 180cc avenger :p

Guys,
Avenger was one of my choices bCoz I like cruise bikes...but Indian market doesn't give much of a choice :( .
ThunderBird was once my choice...but it's pretty costly :no: .
Anyway guys thanks for your replies...I vl go for FZ and not FZ-S
I personally prefer the look of FZ over FZ-S.

Yogesh Sarkar said:
How about Pulsar 220 DTS-i, should be around Fazer's price range and one hell of a performer and not really bad looking either.

PULSAR 220 DTSi is cool but you know what I was driving PULSAR 150 DTSi from last 4 years or so....so wanna try something new :eek:hyeah:.

Do you know that Fazer is nothing but FZ with a different front? How can it go to the other class after the whole bike, incl the parts and everything being the same?

RadioHeAd said:
FZ or Fazer or Avenger !!!? Totally different classes :S
I think the Op needs to decide what is he exactly looking for. A street bike, a tourer or a cruiser coz these are the classes that each of the bikes mentioned belongs to respectively.
I have ridden both the FZ and avenger.
FZ is pretty good in terms of handling and performance though a bit behind in terms of mileage. Also its not exactly recommended for long distance riding.

Avenger is in a different class. The engine is not top notch, though mileage is pretty good for a 180cc bike. if ur not a saint while riding then this bike is not recommended. Firstly, handling is not bad but, since the bike is heavy it does tend to skid a lot. U need to consider the weight of the bike before taking one of those nasty turns which otherwise u can do so confidently on other street bikes. Also it is one of the most comfortable bike out there but only for the rider. For the pillion rider it can be a real PITA. Also i have noticed this bike tends to give some problems wrt gears, clutch etc after a period of time. Nevertheless i still love this bike for its sheer sound of the engine. It makes u feel king of the road (until a Bullet rider crosses ur path :) )

Fazer, yet to ride this bike, but frankly i have heard lots of neg. review from the friends who have bought it. Although its meant to be a tourer it doesn have the qualities for any class. I have heard its terrible in handling. Also some issues with the headlights. But I won pass any verdict on this bike yet till i ride one. Check a few reviews online about this bike. I din find it impressive. And definetely not for that price :hap5: will prefer a Karizma over it anytime. One of the best bikes to ride on.

I suggest u mention ur requirements so u can be helped accordingly. Also try the Dazzler or whatever the new Unicorn is called. See what best suits ur needs. IMO Unicorn is a wise choice too. Although the fibre / plastic parts can occassionally trouble u. Probably they have fixed those small issues in the newer models.

ultimabasher said:
Do you know that Fazer is nothing but FZ with a different front? How can it go to the other class after the whole bike, incl the parts and everything being the same?

Agreed. I don't know if Yamaha themselves are touting the Fazer as a touring bike, but this perception of the Fazer being a tourer is quite the sham.

Exactly the same gearing, wheelbase, engine characteristics, swingarm dimensions. If a headlight upgrade makes a bike a tourer, then I'll strap on a stadium floodlight to the front of a Scooty and take it to Leh.

It's the exact same bike as the FZ with a fairing and upgraded headlights. Fazer:FZ :: 220F:220S.

^The handlebar is raised a bit to give the rider a upright position compared to the FZ. But again Fazer is a no tourer. In that segment nothing beats karizma imo.

On a side note, I am getting R15 in a couple of days. I have tested the bike and to be honest, its the best bike regarding handling and everything. For a person with arm length like me, R15 is really comfortable and it being light wieght, its flickable. I would suggest to go for it if the budget permists

ultimabasher said:

Is it so.... !!!!! i know whats fazer made up of. Its not me who has tagged the Fazer as a touring bike. And just because the parts are the same doesn mean it cant be shifted to a different class. There are even bullets out there modified to be street bikes :bleh:

RadioHeAd said:
Is it so.... !!!!! i know whats fazer made up of. Its not me who has tagged the Fazer as a touring bike. And just because the parts are the same doesn mean it cant be shifted to a different class. There are even bullets out there modified to be street bikes :bleh:

So you mean to say that modified bikes are the same as the street bikes? :rofl:

Bull crap.

Go take a rider of fz and fazer, You wont find differece at all. They both are same down right to the power and the fuel consumption.

Back