FBI

blr_p

Skilled
Cambridge Analytica wasn't used to track. It was used on undecided users be feeding them a constant diet of fake news through facebook. That's how the Trump won. But Indian episode happened before that.
Since you brought it up. Trump's people have accused the FBI of colluding in the 2016 election against them. The same charge is being used at the raid at his home recently.

What is common? opposition in both countries accusing the ruling party of abusing power.

Depending on which side you support this is either self-evident truth or conspiracy :)
Either way, for our mental health, forum health, let's cheerfully agree to disagree. We are too old to have never ending streak of counter arguments. :oldman: If you ever come to Pune, I'll buy you a beer.
That is why I don't take the opposition of any country seriously. I've had my chain yanked way too many times. Cheers

Trump's people have accused the FBI of colluding in the 2016 election against them. The same charge is being used at the raid at his home recently.

What is common? opposition in both countries accusing the ruling party of abusing power.
I must've forgot when Congress supporters stormed the parliament after losing election while Dr. Manmohan Singh ran away with classified documents.

What even is false equivalence?

Also Trump supporters accusing FBI of colluding in the 2016 election against them? The same FBI that reopened investigation against Hillary Clinton literally days before 2016 election? Yeah, let's take them seriously.

What even is false equivalence?

Also Trump supporters accusing FBI of colluding in the 2016 election against them? The same FBI that reopened investigation against Hillary Clinton literally days before 2016 election? Yeah, let's take them seriously.
This is what i mean...

Does the CBI get similar treatment

This is what i mean...

Does the CBI get similar treatment
We know what you mean. That's what's called false equivalence.

Here's another example for you: Russia's justification for war with Ukraine is that Ukraine was invading in Russian territory. Our country also makes same claims about conflicts with Pakistan and China. So if you agree with latter you must also agree with former? Context be damned?

Go ahead and tell us how Bharat Jalao Party has not been suppressing parties in opposition, regional parties, and dissent by weaponizing government agencies like CBI, ED, and the Judiciary. Let's see how deep the delusion goes.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

We know what you mean. That's what's called false equivalence.
It's not a false equivalence. Quite obvious really. Opposition running false campaigns. What do you think the Muller investigation was about? Stolen elections. How many times do we hear this from any party if they lose the election? However, it's interesting these parties never say anything if they win. Since 2008 I've been countering people on this board who claim EVMs are rigged.
Here's another example for you: Russia's justification for war with Ukraine is that Ukraine was invading in Russian territory. Our country also makes same claims about conflicts with Pakistan and China. So if you agree with latter you must also agree with former? Context be damned?
Ukraine isn't invading Russian territory. First thing you got wrong there is because you don't understand any of these conflicts.

Ukraine shelled the Russian-speaking part of the country for 8 years. If you do that for as long there comes a time when they will no longer be your people. When the coup happened in 2014, the Crimeans who I consider the smartest people in that country knew what was coming. They decided to join Russia in a referendum with over 90% in favour. Similarities with Sikkim?

Ukraine banned the Russian language. You have to greet your customers in Ukrainian otherwise you get fined. This in a country where 80% of people speak Russian. The joke is Zelensky speaks better Russian than Ukrainian. The Ukraine govt does not answer to its people, it answers to Brussels, London & Washington. The Ukraine govt sold its people out. In the 2019 election, 70% voted for Zelensky whose plank was peace with Russia. Ukraine is no democracy. It's a damn American colony and a neonazi one at that. Ukraine went out of its way to provoke Russia and refused to de-escalate the situation. What came of the Minsk accords? What are the signatures of the foreign ministers of France & Germany on those accords worth if they were never going to be followed? This war never needed to happen, it was made to happen by the west.

We have two reprobates on our borders that are supported by the west. Russia has many more. Russia is acting in self-defence. Russia is doing what any country with a responsible govt would do faced with the same situation.

The similarity with India is there with the '71 operation and IKPF in SL in the 80s. SL banning of the Tamil language in the 70s is similar which then led to the rise of the LTTE and Indian involvement. Operation searchlight in East Pakistan targeted mostly the Hindu community. One thing interesting I learned recently about '71 was the plan was to only occupy a sliver of East Pakistan and establish a base for the Mukhti Bahini there. It was only when Gen Sagat Singh crossed the Padma ignoring orders that Delhi understood they could take Dhaka :facepalm: Sagat Singh is the same general who shelled the PLA at Nathu La in '67 which is the reason Sikkim is still with India today.. He was an extraordinary man that did what he thought was right and his superiors has to accept it.
Go ahead and tell us how Bharat Jalao Party has not been suppressing parties in opposition, regional parties, and dissent by weaponizing government agencies like CBI, ED, and the Judiciary. Let's see how deep the delusion goes.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF
You just proved my point :)

I'm not siding with the Trump supporters any more than I am with the lot saying the govt is spying on the opposition in this country.

Last edited:
Ukraine isn't invading Russian territory. First thing you got wrong there is because you don't understand any of these conflicts.
This one sentence is enough to tell at what level your reading and comprehension skill is and not even bother reading rest of the post.

I said Russia gave that as a reason to start war with Ukraine. Never mentioned anywhere that it is something that I agree with.

Either go back to school or ask for refund.

This one sentence is enough to tell at what level your reading and comprehension skill is and not even bother reading rest of the post.

I said Russia gave that as a reason to start war with Ukraine. Never mentioned anywhere that it is something that I agree with.

Either go back to school or ask for refund.
Who told you Russia gave that as a reason ?

I've been following Putin's speeches since before this conflict began and I don't remember him ever saying that at all.

@blr_p You cannot wakup someone who is pretending to be asleep. Furthermore the western propoganda machine is in high gear(reg Ukraine) no matter the facts on the ground. The articles will come and the sheeps will eat it. So best is to let them get the wakeup call when the reality hits them hard.

@blr_p You cannot wakup someone who is pretending to be asleep. Furthermore the western propoganda machine is in high gear(reg Ukraine) no matter the facts on the ground. The articles will come and the sheeps will eat it. So best is to let them get the wakeup call when the reality hits them hard.
Just think about how we inform ourlseves. We go to reputed news organisations. Many big names with fancy offices in major metros. That should be good enough, isn't it? They are successful so what they say must be true.

Increasingly I find I have to avoid these mainstream sources and go with other less known sources. The reason is, the only way I found to understand a conflict is to see it from the eyes of the belligerent. Especially when that belligerent has a damn good chance of winning. In this case that is Russia. Why are they doing what they are doing? What is Russia's take?

You won't find those answers in western media. What's more, I'm finding that the experts there are self-censoring because otherwise, they will get blackballed on social media. So protecting your job and keeping your sponsors happy is more important than what your expert knowledge or truth is telling you. Have to toe the line. And they went after most Russian media as well. Banned them from the usual platforms. This does not mean the sources don't exist. These days there are many.

What actually spurred me on were comments i saw here and on other boards that have nothing to do with such a topic. People with not much world affairs knowledge let alone military already know what the outcome is going to be. That is common sense is talking.

Nice, one more person to add to blocklist.

@blr_p People don't even to hear an opposing nerative and if you do they call you names, thats how much closed minded they have become. There is no use in it. Better spend the time doing something else.

@blr_p People don't even to hear an opposing nerative and if you do they call you names, thats how much closed minded they have become. There is no use in it. Better spend the time doing something else.
When they can't argue facts they call you names. I'm a hate speech defender. I don't get to complain about that :)

Unless you challenge them they get a walkover. Why let them control the narrative,

Aren't you the guy who was predicting that Kyiv would fall like a ripe fruit within the first days of the war?

Don't think you should be giving up your day job (doubt you have one) and become a geo-political analyst.

They decided to join Russia in a referendum with over 90% in favour

Ah yes. Just like Putin and Kin(g) jong-un won with 99% votes.

When they can't argue facts they call you names. I'm a hate speech defender. I don't get to complain about that :)

Unless you challenge them they get a walkover. Why let them control the narrative,
A person's opinion is already set and they go to places to reinforce their belief. Nothing anyone else says is going to change that, so why bother? I give you an examples of it,
When something bad happens in Kashmir/Leh people will point fingers at Pundit Nehru but when something good is acheved in nuclear research does anyone even remeber that it was him who founded Bhabha Atomic Research Center? nope, do they try to findout the truth? nope

Narratives exist for a reason and it will continue do so for as long as people exist, so nothing anyone does/says is going to change others opinion unless they want to, so I ask again why bother?

Aren't you the guy who was predicting that Kyiv would fall like a ripe fruit within the first days of the war?
Yeah, I was quoting someone who said that at the time. And you didn't say the rest of the quote. which is when the time is right.

This whole idea of taking Kyiv was put out by the west. Lots of people got fooled by that. The Russians massed at Kyiv forcing the Uki's to split their forest to defend against an attack that never came. Meanwhile, the Russians cleared out the east & south.

Don't think you should be giving up your day job (doubt you have one) and become a geo-political analyst.
What happened to those predictions by those sellouts who said Russia would collapse? All those rent a generals.

Russia can't keep this up into May.

The US thought they could topple Putin in a few months. Didn't work out. Their sanctions have gone bust. Now, the west is suffering the consequences of inflation and high living costs instead. And the buggers want us to join them? hehe

So now they are saying Russia is stuck. Russia is not stuck they are consolidating their position. Civil administration and getting ready for more referendums. When the rouble overtakes the Uki currency people will switch over.

What is your point? Do you seriously think Ukraine has a chance here? I seriously wonder which geniuses thought that Ukraine stood a chance. Then I realise they didn't care about them. Somebody else is doing the fighting and dying so just fund them long enough to do it. That is how cynical this all is.
Ah yes. Just like Putin and Kin(g) jong-un won with 99% votes.
How many incidents of unrest in Crimea in the eight years since? Any troublemakers would get handed in. They could see what happened to people in Donbas. So life has been very peaceful for the people of Crimea.
Narratives exist for a reason and it will continue do so for as long as people exist, so nothing anyone does/says is going to change others opinion unless they want to, so I ask again why bother?
Can they counter anything I've said ;)

Last edited:
Back