fed up waiting for bulldozer guys help me choose a pc

hhhcliff

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?

1. 40K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

1. viewsonic va19112w

2. 500Gb HDD,250gb hdd

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1. Monitor - viewsonic va19112w

2. 500Gb HDD,250gb hdd

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1. seasonic 750

2. G.SKILL Sniper 8GB/G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

1. No Final configuration for atleast 3 years

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

1. no

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

1. Gaming

2. Browsing

3. Download rig, 24x7 operation

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

1. None

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

all types

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

-

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

1. maybe if possible

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

1. Windows 7 64 bit/windows

guys Am fed up of waiting for amd bulldozer amd f**ks just keep on changing the release date

guys can someone help me in choosing a good pc for gaming

i5 2500k vs amd x4 955be vs AMD A8-3850

will be getting

gtx560ti,seasonic 750,and 4gb gskill ram have a 19"screen might change it 2 22"

now heres the thing was suppose to get x4 but then many people started say its gonna b otdated soon

then thought of AMD A8-3850---but read in many review where it was said its only good for entry level gfx and dont kow much about Its oc ability???

then thought i5,undisputed choice in many reviews,loved the oc ability; but the only problem is that intel changes its socket type for almost every new procc and then u find it hard to get good mobo for your procc,as it happened with my q6600 because of which i had 2 sell it,another problem is that my mobo gives problem atleast once in a yr,also they get rusted so am a bit scared to invest in intel 10k mobo

WILL BE USING PC ONLY 4R GAMING,WATCHING MOVie,SURFING

so is there going 2 be a huge difference in gaming if i go for other choices instead of i5???

and is x4 future proof or a BAD choice right now???

Do not use SMS lingo on TE... Edit your post before you face the wrath of any TE mod... :p

Processor Intel Core i5 2400 9300
Motherboard Intel DH67BL (B3) 5200
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz CL9 2x2GB 1650
GPU MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II 13750
HDD
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100
Monitor
PSU Seasonic S12II 520w 3500
Keyboard Logitech MMKB 400
Mouse Logitech MX518 1200
Mousepad Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Omega 500
Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500
DVD Writer Samsung 950
Total 40050

If you can wait for two more weeks then do wait coz bulldozer processors are really gonna launch this time... and if you wanna see how they perform then you can check out this link : AMD FX 8150 Looks Core i7-980X and Core i7 2600K in the Eye: AMD Benchmarks | techPowerUp

If you cant then go ahead with the config that i have suggested...

Just would like to say this, instead of the i5 go for a pentium G620 as it is good enough for gaming, as long as you have a good GPU. However keeping in mind that you plan to use this for long term, and would like to overclock, go with i5 2500K. Should be enough for 3 years easily.

How would you feel if Bulldozer thrashes your processor's performance at a lower price when it finally releases in two weeks? You have waited for so long (like I have), there is no point giving up now when we have a concrete release date. Unless you need it RIGHT NOW.

try to change the monitor if you can.get a full hd one.a gtx 560 ti on that resolution is a bit of an overkill.rest hades's suggestion is top notch.

Well, there's 15 days left till launch.

The advantage to go BD is that gaming performance will remain same, albeit the platform will be CHEAPER, i mean the cheapest 8 core for 200$, compared to nearly 300$ for i7 2600k.

^^8150 would cost 250 dollar... i am expecting the launch price of it in india to be around 12500 - 13000... I doubt that OP would be able to afford this processor... And AM3+ 970/990X/990FX boards are selling currently at slightly higher price... But yeah going with Bulldozer platform he would have an advantage... he would also be able to overclock 8150/8120 on any 880G/970/990X/990FX motherboard... he wouldn't have to buy a specific chipset motherboard (like P67 or Z68) if he would like to overclock the processor... Bulldozer processors would be able to overclock on any chipset motherboard... But i think on newer chipset motherboards the bulldozer processors would be able to overclock slightly better...

@OP

like others said it would be better if you would wait for some more time as you have already waited so much for the bulldozer processors... Plus you never know that bulldozer processors may launch in India before other countries like LIano processors had launched in india even before US...

i mean the cheapest 8 core for 200$

8150 would cost 250 dollar

I meant the FX 8120. THe only concession is that BD launches on October 13th and that's hell close.

The least OP can do is wait for Day Zero to see the benchmarks.

If not satisfactory, he can order his Core i5 rig immediately.

alright guys i think ill wait a bit more but hope amd doesnt dissapoint again and hope bd doesnt be abv 13k,and is worth the insanely never ending wait!!!!!!

guys waited long enough for BD crap:mad: now guess its time for upgrade

Below is hades conf just wanted to ask a few things

1)what benefits is a h67 from h61 mobo?cause as i heard h67 cant oc and h61 mobo is only 3.3k

2)my purpose is gaming mostly and some place they say i2400 or 2500k peforms much better than say x4 955be whereas in some place they say gaming is not much dependent on procc rather on gc.Am Confused now :huh: as there is a te member selling their x4 955be and mobo for 4+5.5 so cant understand if it would be a good deal to buy it:huh:

3)wont be needing Keyboard,Mouse,Mousepad,Speaker,DVD Writer,cabbinet as already have a cm 430 elite cab.wanted to upgrade to a more powerful psu though like seasonic 750 as have no intentions of changing it again.

4)was thinking of upgrading monitor too as saw price on itdepot of Benq 22inch LED Monitor (G2222HDL) only 8.2k .ALSO WANTED to know if its a good monitor

Processor Intel Core i5 2400----------------------9300-----------9.7

Motherboard Intel DH67BL (B3) ----------------5200

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz CL9 2x2Gb---------1650 -----------itwares is charging 1.9k for it

GPU MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II------------------13750

dude honestly a 8120 will be priced lower than a 2400.. it will perform better than that... trust me!!! See this

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...ew-(4)-!exclusive!-Excuse-for-1-Threaded-Perf

The IIPC has increased upto 20 percent after disabling four cores.. that is comparable to the sandy bridge!!!

The 955BE+ mobo is a very good offer.. it will definitely beat the 2400+h61/h67 combo in price/performance.. You can later upgrade to a better BD when its newer revisions are released!!

Go with a Sandybridge based rig... AMD's future is not looking very bright... And if you would go with an SB based rig you would have an option to upgrade to ivybridge processors which would perform 25 to 30 percent better than sandybridge processors... BD processors are only good for people who are into video encoding and rendering stuff.. in other benchmarks i5 2500 thrashes it... plus AMD's roadmap is not looking very promising... AMD assured people that they would every year increase BD performance by 10 to 15 percent which is not quite good as compared to Intel's 20 to 30 percent performance boost every year...

1) H67 has native SATA 6Gbps ports (2) and so a total of 6SATA ports. The H61 has no SATA 6Gbps ports and just 4 SATA ports. This is the major difference between the H61,H67

2) AnandTech - Bench - CPU -> Check the benchies and gaming FPS for yourself

3) This looks like more of a question. IMO though a S12 II 520w is sufficient and S12 II 620w is more than sufficient. 750w is not necessary.

4) I would say better stick to the G2220HD for ~7k or get a E2220HD for ~8.8k. The LED monitor is not worth the price.

^^ the problem with either the h61/h67 is that it does not support usb 3.0 natively and also only two sata 6.0 ports..

h61 has only 2ddr3 whereas h67 has only 4ddr3.. with no overclocking.. after oc the 955 can easily match 2400's performance... the 955 combo still has the best price/performance ratio...

why would you cripple him with an ivy bridge on an inferior and most basic chipset like the h61/h67??

H67 chipset may not be feature rich but it has two Sata 6GBPS ports... And do you really think todays SSDs are even capable of taking full advantage of Sata 6GBPS? And buying Sata 6GBPS mechanical HDDs doesn't make sense coz Sata 6GBPS mechanical HDDs perform like Sata 3GBPS Hdds only... And do you think OP is gonna buy more than two Sata 6GBPS SSDs in the future? See what i am trying to say is that even 2 x Sata3 ports are more than enough for todays usage... And as far as USB3 ports are concerned then Motherboard manufacturers use quality USB3 controllers which performs even better than LIano chipset inbuilt USB3 ports...

1. H61 is a downgrade/cut down version of H67. I would not recommend it for anything but SNB Celeron/Pentium/i3 budget builds. As of now, major point seems to be RAM slots, SATA III support.

2. Go with Intel only, AMD has turned out a product, that IMO is vapourware. Well, yes the 955 is good, but for overall, the i5 rig is a kick ass machine. But if you plan to only game, 955 is also a good option on a budget.

3. As far as the PSU goes, if you plan to upgrade within 2 year definitely, then only go for the 750. Else buy a newer PSU at that time, your older PSU will be affected by aging.

4. Its a good monitor, and if you plan to game with a 560Ti, its a good choice.

Back