Linux Fedora Core 5 released

Can anybody tell me where I can get the CDs in Mumbai?

I know that Fedora can be downloaded for free from the site, but it's too huge for my net connection.

It's better to contact someone from a Linux group, if you have one in your area. They will give you the CDs containing the OS in exchange for blank CDs. Besides, if you have any problems during installation you can take their advice :D

I didn't mean to dredge an old thread up but its crap. I'm talking as a tester as well as a user. They went 2 steps backwards rather than 1 step forward. IMO FC 4 was better functionally. Why did they have to change so many specs I can't understand. Maybe lots of regressions or some other reason. Just goes to show tht people there are somehow not listening to people unlike other distros. (Hint Cent OS, Suse, Ubuntu to name a few) :)

There are many examples but would take few to point the things across :-

1. Try doing a simple base/minimum install. The CD-based install is killer. It needs atleast 2 cd to do a base install which should've been confined to 1. Even if one does a DVD minimum install it doesn't take the features a minimum install should have. Try doing the same with any other 5-cd distro or even the 14 cd Debian Sarge distros. You can see the difference for yourself.

2. When one is installing there's whole lot of garbage (temporary files) that are used. After the install is over the temp. files should delete by themselves. With FC 5 this happens sometimes/sometimes not.

3. Has anybody seen the rpm .spec file. There is no sense of continuity there to what was in FC4.
I could just go on & on. Suffice to say I've found it be more troublesome. The only thing in its favor is good icons & wallpaper. Inside it's all crap.

Back