Fedup with BSNL Broadband

HI TE,
On behalf of my friend,From last 2-3 months he is using BSNL broadband connection 512kbps home unlimited, from few days he is getting problems over this connection sometime link doesn't comes sometimes data:mad::mad::mad::mad: this problem has made him sick of BSNL, bsnl has made this as their habbit, he is from BIHAR so no proper service at all, i too is their for few days with him, the reason i created this thread is, do any one has any complain number or i was thinking of sending a mail to BSNL head office regarding this issue, or any other way to get rid of this issue ,really need help from you TE guys fast.....

Looks like I'm the veteran of this case. My problem which was rectified just last week was almost same. Since October my DSL connection was intermittent. Either the link would never hold or if it did hold then maximum for 1 hour after that it kept blinking for 6-6hrs :mad: I knew that since its a link related problem, the culprit is the hardline. As a temporary fix I did switched to G.DMT from ADSL2+ as the line access method and it provided a solution but as I said, temporary. :no:

So finally I went to the main exchange of my city, presented my case to the S.D.O and while they assured me that they'll get it fixed, I filed complaint Consumer Grievance complaint with all *GM officers, A.G.M, D.G.M, G.M u name it. I also filed online complaint from my state's BSNL portal.

Impact of this was that within 1 week they came to my place, checked that problem was persisting, I told them that it was in the line and all they have to do is change my pairs. Finally they did it and now for past 1 week my Home 512Kbps UL plan is running off the hook :clap:

Tell ur friend, if he or u have some technical info as to find out the problem urself, if u can and then press those mofos BSNLers to the wall and keep pressurin' them untill u get it done.

Changing ISP is not always the solution as in my case too the only other ISP in my town is Reliance Broadnet and when I went to their office, they told me that they don't provide Broadband connection in my area as they have no "D.L.C" there :S

^^ I am also one of the person who is suffering from BSNL Flu. Can you please guide me on how to file a consumer grievance complaint on BSNL. I live in remote part of bangalore and my 2 MBPS speed is at 0.1 MBPS from the past 1 month.

Well first of all go to a site like speedtest.net and see what's the bandwidth u r getting. If there is some difference then file a complaint. Go to ur state's web portal and see if it has a working link for consumer grievances. U can a file a complaint from there or find ur state's SSA from the main site's consumer grievance page where the whole procedure is mentioned. From there u can directly e-mail ur complaint to the SSA. In my case, I never got the reply for the mail but my online complaint did yield the result.

contact exchange people.... m on ov d oldest subscribers of BSNL BB in my town, even happened wid me as well for d Ist time last month... remained for around 7-8 days n settled automatically....

Out here at Visakhapatnam..

I have witness execellent service from BSNL

Net was down....

Called up on BSNL Number...

Within 2 hours those ppl came....

Said there was a problem with the Adaptor.. which was not working...

Came back after 4 hours with their adaptor replaced it... saw that there was a fault with the cable as well as the splitter... went came back after 30 mins replaced that...

Asked me to pay Rs.200.00 for the charge of the cable,splitter,adaptor......

Which I did & they left......

All done within 7 hours of filling the complain

Well bsnl net connection is really the worst in kolkata.i play counter strike 1.6 online nd really it becomes bad when my link goes away.it occurd today also,i was playing cs suddenly i found i was in that place standing still.den lookd @ the modem saw the link signal suddenly went away.nd bsnl net connection is really costly.with refer to their cost service is '0'.i told them many times but of no use.they make it ok for 8 - 10 days it works ok but aftr that back 2 its normal form.really i m fedup.

I'm having hopelessly weird issues which I know CAN'T be due to DNS. And just for the reference I use OpenDNS and GoogleDNS.

Several times a day, my blog at wordpress.com and wikipedia.org don't open and I get the "Oops!....." firefox error telling me that the page can't be loaded. Pinging the servers I get server not found.

Funny thing is,

Code:
gautham@linmobile:~$ ping -c 3 thesmallerbang.wordpress.com

ping: unknown host thesmallerbang.wordpress.com

gautham@linmobile:~$ ping -c 3 wordpress.com

PING wordpress.com (74.200.247.60) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from wordpress.com (74.200.247.60): icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=323 ms

64 bytes from wordpress.com (74.200.247.60): icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=323 ms

64 bytes from wordpress.com (74.200.247.60): icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=324 ms

--- wordpress.com ping statistics ---

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 323.628/323.837/324.138/0.692 ms

gautham@linmobile:~$ ping -c 3 google.com

PING google.com (209.85.231.104) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from maa03s01-in-f104.1e100.net (209.85.231.104): icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=64.7 ms

64 bytes from maa03s01-in-f104.1e100.net (209.85.231.104): icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=65.8 ms

64 bytes from maa03s01-in-f104.1e100.net (209.85.231.104): icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=66.2 ms

--- google.com ping statistics ---

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2001ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 64.736/65.605/66.280/0.678 ms

gautham@linmobile:~$

Since TheSmallerBang.wordpress.com obviously is a subdomain of wordpress.com and wordpress works fine, the problem is NOT a dns or host related issue.

I mean seriously WTF ? I have not been able to post ANYTHING on my blog due to the excellent BSNL internet I have. And the theme is half done because I keep getting the screwed up unable to load message half way through operations.

Back