Budget 41-50k Feedback needed for used PC and additional components

One of my office colleague is moving to onsite and decided to sell most of components from his new Ryzen build (4 Moths old). The specs are mentioned below:
CPU:- Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-F
SMPS: Cooler master MWE Gold 850 V2 plus Gold
CPU cooler: Deepcool assassin III
RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR4 2400
HDD: 500GB
Throwing 1GB graphic card with it :)
Monitor: LG 20 inch (Not needed since I have other monitor with me)
Case is not available.
He is going to his hometown on 5th Oct and then to onsite location from there so I have only two days to finalize deals. He is claiming 49K for the whole setup.
No boxes preserved for any components, he also don't have stock cooler but all bills are available except HDD.

Before I negotiate with him, looking for some feedback on below points:
  • Price: Considering current pricing and age what would be best price for this setup.
  • What things needs needs to be considered and checked/validated in terms of physical condition. he assured that setup can be tested at the time of deal.
  • CPU cooler: I have Asus GT501 cabinet lying unused from long time. I have doubt whether this CPU cooler will fit. Is there any good other alternate for CPU cooler. I am noob in terms of water cooling.
  • Other components required:
  • I have 500GB NVME SSD lying unsed and will use it for this setup.
  • planning to put additional 8GB RAM, kind suggest good RAM.

TIA!

I'm not the most in touch with pricing, but 49 looks to be way too much for this. Maybe if it's some super good lg monitor but if it's just your basic 1080p panel way too overpriced.

I'm not the most in touch with pricing, but 49 looks to be way too much for this. Maybe if it's some super good lg monitor but if it's just your basic 1080p panel way too overpriced.
I am not interested in monitor but he is not keen to lower price even though i dont take monitor. It seems it is mostly very basic monitor.

Thanks for feedback. There is concern about boxes & CPU cooler unavailability, will there be any impact at the time of RMA.
Please suggest a 8GB RAM for better combination with Kingston.
Also any feedback about CPU Cooler.

As per pcpricetracker, CPU+MOBO+SMPS will cost 52k at absolute cheapest (when bought online)

However, I still don't think this is a good deal. Here's why:
  • 500 GB HDD is absolutely useless. Nobody uses HDD as these days for day to day use and 500 GB is not large enough for data hoarding (if you're into that)
  • 1 GB graphics card is something you should not get with this. I can guarantee that 5700G (which is an APU), will perform better than that card on its own
  • With such a powerful build, you should not get 2400 MHz RAM, go for at least 3200 and preferably 3600 MHz.
You'll be throwing money away on the above 3 components. For the other three, you can probably find them for about 50-51k at offline stores. It's just 2k more for brand new product with full warranty.

So take your call based on this.

As per pcpricetracker, CPU+MOBO+SMPS will cost 52k at absolute cheapest (when bought online)

However, I still don't think this is a good deal. Here's why:
  • 500 GB HDD is absolutely useless. Nobody uses HDD as these days for day to day use and 500 GB is not large enough for data hoarding (if you're into that)
  • 1 GB graphics card is something you should not get with this. I can guarantee that 5700G (which is an APU), will perform better than that card on its own
  • With such a powerful build, you should not get 2400 MHz RAM, go for at least 3200 and preferably 3600 MHz.
You'll be throwing money away on the above 3 components. For the other three, you can probably find them for about 50-51k at offline stores. It's just 2k more for brand new product with full warranty.

So take your call based on this.
Thanks all for inputs.
Yes you are right 500Gb and Graphic card is useless and dropped these from deal for better negotiation
Just an update. Made deal for CPU+Mobo+SMPs+RAm+CPU cooler for 42K. I think this is fair deal.
I will update RAm later.

Last edited:
Back