PC Peripherals Feedback on specs/cost for upgrade in Pune

vader

Disciple
I am trying to upgrade my system (most components new) and seem to have issues finding options in Pune. What I have currently is the following (from the "popular" store in Pune):

ASUS M2NPV-VM Rs 4500
AMD X2 4000 Rs 3200
Kingston DDR2 667 MHz 1GB X 2 Rs 2500
CoolerMaster 600W Rs 4200
Hitachi/WD 320GB Rs 3600

Are these prices ok for Pune? These seem higher than the net or Lamington Road. I do expect a difference but not sure how much to expect.

Do I need to upgrade the SMPS. I currently have an Antec cabinet with SL400 SMPS (400W). It lists 18A on +12V with a listing of max 380W on +3.3V, +5 and +12. It has a 20pin connector + 4pin CPU connector.

Thanks

hey get jetway motherboard for 3k only it is best board and good o.c board

are cheap you can oc 2.8 ghs at stock fan

no need asus are crap service :p

Jetway 692GDG with amd 690G chipset mobo 2.7K (do not get 690V)
AMD X2 4000 Rs2800
Kingston DDR2 667 MHz 2x1GB Rs.950/- each
CoolerMaster 600W Rs3600
Hitachi/WD 320GB Rs3500

These are Mumbai prices. :p
Much lower in Pune. :cool2:

Much LOWER in Pune?!?

That's quite a difference in the price. Almost 4k! I was initially thinking that for a "simple" config like this a trip to Lamington Road may not be worth it but am now reconsidering.

Just curious, I have never been to Lamington before, so can I just walk in to a store and pick these up or do I need to pre-order, pre-negotiate, etc. And do I need to pay for these in cash over there? Are there any reliable stores where I can phone orders? As you can see I am not a regular traveller to Mumbai.

There is a separate thread with a list of stores in Lamington Road so there is some pretty useful info there. Lots of info in this forum!

Which popular store are you talking, sujata???? You can try dcc, behind deccan bus depot.

Why dont you just go to lamington road. Get the prices from different shops and get the products from the cheapest one.

You dont need to preorder anything, most shops accept credit cards also.

Back