Feel Cheated by Naaptol.com! :/

I had ordered a Mobile Phone from Naaptol on Feb 19th. After 3 days, i.e. on Feb 22nd I got a call from them saying that the product is not available with the dealer and hence I would be issued a refund in 10-15 working days. The status of my order soon changed to 'Refund in Process' as well. Later, I got call(s) from them many times confirming that my order has been cancelled and I would be getting a refund. After about 15 working days, I called up their customer support to check the status of my order and that's when my troubles starts!

The customer care gave me a standard reply "Sir, it takes 10-12 days for refund." to which I replied "It's been over 15 working days." She then asked me to hold and then dropped the call! I can for sure say she hanged up on me and not the call drop due to network.

I called up again and got connected (after waiting for about 15 minutes on waiting). This time also, the customer support gave me the same answer. Finally after lot of arguing, he told me that I would get a call by the next day from their side. Not satisfied by this, I wrote a mail to customer support and complaint department both.

Next day, I didn't get any call. I thought to wait for another day and then call them. But still didn 't get any call, so I called up again. This time too, same story is repeated. I shot another mail to their customer support regarding this!

Now, 4 days ago, I called up again. This time I insisted that I need to talk to her senior. I was told I would get a call in half an hour at max. Of course I didn't trust her but when I started arguing again, she hanged up on me! Still waiting for that call or a reply from their customer support. Just now wrote another mail as well, though I don expect reply.

The money involved in Rs.7200 and I don want to incur half of that charges on my phone calls! :mad: What can I do now in this case? Will filing consumer complaint help in this matter? Has anyone here has had success with consumer courts?

Very unproffessional indeed.

Go ahead and lodge a complaint in the consumer court against them for mental agony and unscrupulous trading practices.They dont have any right to harass a customer like this,especially if the deal is broken due to their own shortcomings.

Desecrator said:
Yup file a case here - Consumer Court

Expect a reply from them soon. :p

Is this the official site?

thogaibalu said:
Consumer Complaint in Consumer Forum in India
The site has detailed instructions on filing a Consumer case without lawyer.

Yes that site was pretty helpful. I guess I will make a final call today and if not satisfied with their reply I will file a complaint using instructions on that site. Enough is enough now! :mad:

Today's Update:

Called up the customer care and started recording call (so that I could present it in court). At first, the customer care was pretty polite and after checking status she again gave the same reply "I have escalated your problem to higher authorities". This time I really didn't want to let go so I said, I would not hang up unless I get to talk to her senior to which she replied, no senior is there at that moment and they will call me back. I said "I know you won't call me back so give me a time frame and I myself will call back." She asked to call me by 12 or 1pm.

And just now I got a reply to the mail that I had sent yesterday threatening to file complaint in court. The reply I got was

Dear customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.. As soon as we will process your request for refund.

Come on man! I sent three loooong mails. At least have few more words to say even if you cannot help me! So I guess I am calling again in afternoon today!

thetoxicmind said:
Found these links:

naaptol.com

Naaptol Consumer Complaints - iComplaints.in

And sending a mail to CS doesn't really help in such cases, instead try to find the contact details of some senior official there and give him a piece of your mind.

Thanks for these links... seems like I am not the only one :( :mad:

Thanks for letting us know..I would never every buy from those buggers and would advice everyone to stay away!!

TODAY'S UPDATE:

I really urge EVERYONE of you not to ever deal with Naaptol and please tell your friends as well! Listen to the conversation I just had with their customer care. Forward the first three minutes as I was on waiting and listen the last 2-3 min especially. The attitude and the way she talked to me was really @$@$@%# :mad: She even says, "No use to argue and you can ask me 100 of times, I will answer the same."

I am actually filing a case in consumer court and this call was one of the proofs for that which the lawyer told me to record. I have recordings of previous two calls as well which I will be submitting along with other details. Enough is enough now! :mad:

EDIT: Attachment removed for legal purposes.

sibot said:
Really, this is just absurd, file the case already, drag their asses to court and get a compensation.

Actually my lawyer said the earlier call records didn mention about the 10-15 working days refund policy and that's what I called this time for. But as a bonus, I got the her attitude as well in this case which I am sure will help.
We will be filing a case by Wednesday. The lawyer is my uncle so don't have to worry about the technicalities myself :)

Hey Amol dude, remove the attached conversation, since it may do more harm if its in open in here. I think if you plan to use it as proof/evidence you should not let everyone anywhere know till it is presented in court.

6pack said:
Hey Amol dude, remove the attached conversation, since it may do more harm if its in open in here. I think if you plan to use it as proof/evidence you should not let everyone anywhere know till it is presented in court.

Thanks a TON dude.. you saved me. Just called up my uncle and he too said the same. I never thought this could be a problem :(

Back