Video Festive Season : Which 32" LCD TV ?

thexfactor said:
Visit a showroom and check out both the TV's side by side, everyone keeps talking about the Bravia's BE3 engine but i spent close to 4hrs looking at them side by side playing SD content and I couldn't figure out any difference at all :ashamed: (was expecting the sony to be better since it only had to upscale to 720p and not 1080p)

The only Bravia I found worth was the W series.

About the panel, adder had posted info about recognizing the type of panel used in the Samsung in one of the other threads ... just make sure to avoid the CMO panel at all cost.

What was the Video that you were watching. Tell them to show different channels and then you observe the difference. Usually they play a video which looks good in all TVs.

arnov said:
What was the Video that you were watching. Tell them to show different channels and then you observe the difference. Usually they play a video which looks good in all TVs.

Yep I spent lots of days :p at the Croma next door, asked them to move around the TV's so that I could do a side by side comparison ... asked them to reset the settings to factory default on both TV's, then watched Tata sky on both the TV's connected via component then watched a DVD (via HDMI) ... most other showrooms had divided the signal among several TV's and weren't interested in side by side comparisons.

The guys at Croma were really helpful, and by the end of it all I knew all of them pretty well :p ... was a pity I didn't actually purchase the TV from them :ashamed:

Back