Car & Bike Few queries regarding my new car.

vb86

Adept
Hey guys,

After many years, I finally decided to buy a new car and bought myself a Cruze. I have a few queries as follows:

1. What should I use - Standard fuel or Premium fuel.

2. The ICE does not have support for ipods, but it has a 3.5mm aux port. Should I buy a good quality aux cable, or an LOD cable which has the ipod dock connector on one end and the 3.5mm connector on the other (Eg: Fiio L3). From what I understand, the LOD cable will give a neutral output which will not be affected by the ipod EQ and volume settings.

3. Currently, the car body does not have any protection. Is it advisable to get it washed and waxed to add a protective coating? Will that also protect the car from the scratches which occur due to the circular motion of the cloth while cleaning the car. Which wax do you recommend? I've heard good things about Meguiar's products. Any way to source them reasonably?

Thanks in advance!

The following are my 2cents;

1. Prefer to use the standard fuel, but from a reputed fuel stations.

2. You can go for standard 3.5mm cord to solve your purpose.

3. Teflon or other coatings are cash machines for dealers, they don't really serve the purpose. Please wash it regularly and maintain the same. You can go for Meguiar's as they are good. You can even try Waxpol. Visit the nearest Reliance Automart if you have one and you can find good genuine products.

1 - Use standard fuel but from a good station, as tech4pk mentioned. Mostly it will be written in the manual NOT to use premium fuel.
2 - No idea.
3 - Teflon coating etc. are useless and better avoided. However, AFAIK it is good to get an underbody antirust coating done.

congrats on the cruze bro

use normal fuel its good stuff

and get an aux wire as it gives more flexibility in the future

i have no idea about the protective coating

cheers:)

Back