Fianlly got another decent headphone :D

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
So my love with Audio Technica continues :D

Will let the pics do the talking :p

Man these headphones are soooooo damn comfortable :D The new pads are kinda velvety and stings my neck a bit ;ashamed:

Plugged in the Clip+, played Jennifer Warner - The Well. Instantly brought a huge smile on my face :D worth every penny I paid for it :D winder how good it'll be when its burned in :D

Needed a second headphone to use at home which can be driven with the Clip+ without any amp. Looks like I got the perfect pair for the job :D

desiibond said:
a 300$ headphones? baap re. Congrats buddy :)

This one cost me 175SGD :p its a parallel import from amazon.com which sells these for 90USD.

Well I have a 1000USD headphones at office :p wanted something simpler at home :lol:

SunnyBoi said:
Needed a second headphone to use at home which can be driven with the Clip+ without any amp. Looks like I got the perfect pair for the job :D

So your first pair is what -- the stock ones that came with the clip ?

There will be a very big difference in that case :)

Sunny , please post your impressions .. I have been planning for a upgrade of cans in the coming months .Making a choice is bloody confusing. :(

If its entry level it's gonna be Audio Technica AD700 or M-50 . Right now I am leaning towards the M-50 but only way of getting it is KMD and it's gonna be bloody expensive :(

Or else cancel all IEM ,amp upgrades and directly go for something high-end .Denon D2000, Beyerdynamic DT880 or AKG 701.;)

Well my choices were Denon D5000, AT AD700 or ESW9.

Saw a good deal on AKG K702 and a Darkvoice DV337 tube amp. then thought i'd need another very good DAC to do justice and it wont be portable. So junked it and decided to go with one of the 3 above choices.

having heard the D5000 and ESW9 on the Clip+, went and auditioned the AD700. WOW! Immediately bought it and came home :D

PS: It was 12.30am local time when I bought these :D

@blr_P: See post #5 :) I threw the ones that came with the Clip+ along with the box.

Huh isn't D5000 & ESW9 in a totally different league altogether ? You find the AD700 to be better :S ?

anyways , hows the bass :D.

Unamped it was better :p Plus I really did not want to buy an amp for this.

Bass umm. Dont listen to bassy songs, just songs with female vocals.

I cant describe sound :S let kranthi listen to it and give his opinions. Take my opinoins with a grain of salt, I just buy headphones that bring a huge grin on my face when I listen to them :p

@blr_p : Audio Technica W5000.

Kranthi's description ? .He is gonna hate it most probably .. bass head :rofl: ..and he plans to pick up a nice pair of cans from Jaben on his way to NZ .;) You know the one he tried and keeps talking about it all the time.. made me curious as well :(

FaH33m said:
Kranthi's description ? .He is gonna hate it most probably .. bass head :rofl: ..and he plans to pick up a nice pair of cans from Jaben on his way to NZ .;) You know the one he tried and keeps talking about it all the time.. made me curious as well :(

Die b33ch die :mad:.I am not gonna pick up the cans as of now,i am rethinking as to get or not :S,off lately i have blown up a lot on audio stuff cant do it anymore ,hope you the reason ;)

Sunny get ur decent headphone from office when i am there.

Edit:Btw sunny do not forget to pick the stuff which i asked u else i might forgot the stuff u need as well :p

Congrats!

I had already decided that my next audio purchase is going to be the AD700. The problem is, I won't be getting any cash for a long time. :p

Congrats!

These were my first audiophile grade cans... bass lean, but excellent midrange, female vocals sound absolutely beautiful.. only complain was sometimes, the lower mids would be recessed and grainy highs.

The AD900 fixed all this, with little more bass as well.

Brilliant pair, I loved these.. brilliant for gaming as well.. the soundstage of these is the biggest I've ever heard, more than my K701 and AD900 as well.

Back