Fianlly got another decent headphone :D

brilliant headphones maybe.. but what the **** is up with those colors??

sheesh.. I'll never be caught dead with a set of purple headphones :p

SunnyBoi said:
Unamped it was better :p Plus I really did not want to buy an amp for this.

Bass umm. Dont listen to bassy songs, just songs with female vocals.

The Bass will get better you just wait.The level of detail these cans are capable of,paired with a decent soundcard/dac, is simply amazing.
The stinging bit was there for me too very early on.I even had mild aches around my ears.I was pissed off at the reviewers who called this comfortable.A month later though I knew what they were talking about :eek:hyeah: .

lol I just came back last night from Chennai.I'll let you know if I come over to buy something from Phoenix or fcry64s place.Promise ;-)

FaH33m said:
^ Let me know when your back from your holidays , if possible I would like to audition your AD-700s ! :)

Arun1 said:
lol I just came back last night from Chennai.I'll let you know if I come over to buy something from Phoenix or fcry64s place.Promise ;-)

Let me know as well guys! :)

Purple does actually look cool! :D

COngrats!
its the best unamped entry level audiophile grade headphone, period.
I believe u had SR 80i or MS1.....how does this fare against them?

Thanks guys :D

My audio rig at office :p The AD700 did only a small visit, cant use open headphones at office :ashamed: Yeah I know its a wirey mess :(

Audio%20technica.jpg

Strangely soundstage of the AD700 was wider than that of the W5000. Must be the open nature, or its a sign I need to get way better amp and DAC for it :mad:

^ Ohk that's it . I need one now :( ..Arun1 ,I am meeting you sometime soon to audition it and ordering mine right away !

I am only afraid that the bass might be low for my kind of music .I hope it has some punch and extends reasonably low .:|

stalker said:
brilliant headphones maybe.. but what the **** is up with those colors??
sheesh.. I'll never be caught dead with a set of purple headphones :p

Its not purple its actually pink

FaH33m said:
I am only afraid that the bass might be low for my kind of music .I hope it has some punch and extends reasonably low .:|

Hmm.. a powerful amp will bring out the low bass.. otherwise EQ is the only solution.
I lived with the lean bass sound.. the AD900 rectified that to some extent.

Back