Fighting games

I'm looking to maybe play some modern fighting games (old school street fighter/mortal kombat etc) and I want to do so with 2 players in the same room, not online. I haven't had a console in decades but I'm willing to buy one if needed. I have no idea what games are available or if I can have 2 players locally like before on modern consoles, I'd also like to know if I can buy these games on steam and buy 2 controllers and play locally on PC. This is strictly for local play so no online or singleplayer games. I'd also be interested in other 2 player local games via controller on console/PC but to start fighting games are there. No sports, no racing. Only combat. Any ideas how to go about this...would consoles be good or get controllers and play on computer. Don't need singleplayer/online.

Instead of buying a console, i would suggest you to just get two controllers and play on your PC. There are many PC games with local multiplayer mode that are on sale on Steam right now like Dragon Ball FighterZ, Mortal Combat 11, Tekken 7, Undisputed and Guilty Gear Strive.

I'm not the biggest fighting games fan out there, but will throw a quick shoutout to Mortal Kombat XL for how freaking fun it is even after 5 years!

I have it on my PS4 and is one of the most played 2 player offline games within our household. So, while I've never actually tried my skills online (and probably never will), the game offers so, so much with a robust and utterly bananas story mode and a myriad of single-player challenges to bash your head against.

Regarding the broader couch-co op genre, I can also recommend Diablo 3, Castle Crashers and Borderlands 2 (the last one is in my Top 20 games of all time list!)

Thanks for the inputs, I have purchased 2 controllers and some other stuff for it. Not being familiar with it some research was required. I have also purchased some controller games, it will be a while before I can install everything.

hello, i m also new to fighting games.
have 250 hrs in guilty gear strive.(ggst)
and looking forward to sf6.
do ping me if u are interested to play.
both of these games support crossplay , so it doesnt matter which platform you are on.(i m on pc).

ggst is easy to execute and play ,since the execution timing isnt too tight like sf.
the rounds are quick and almost every combo takes 40-70 percent of ur health depending on the character.

Back