FiiO E7 -USB DAC Headphone Amplifier

This is my first review, pics aren't great but watchable(from a sony handycam)

I guess i am amongst the first few in India to own it.

Intro

i bought it from lynx and this was a good experience actually(2 good of 7 orders) but good i mean they shipped it they day they received the amp from fiio.

i'll get to the details when and how time it took later in the end of review.

FiiO E7 portable headphone amplifier with USB audio decoder (DAC). This product is designed to replace PC onboard soundcard that do not have enough output power for higher-end headphone. With USB audio decoding, amplification and audio output, E7 can serve as both a professional headphone amplifier as well as an external USB soundcard.

Specifications

Output Power : 150mW (16Ω); 16mW (300Ω)

Headphone Impedance Range : 16 Ω ~ 300 Ω

Signal to Noise Ratio : ≥95dB (A weighted) on line-in; ≥100dB (A weighted) on USB-in

Distortion : <0.009% (10mW)on line-in; <0.008% (10mW) on USB-in

Frequency Range : 10Hz ~ 1000KHz

Power Supply : Internal 1050mAH rechargeable Li-ion battery

Recharging : USB 5V DC 400mA

Size : 96mm x 55mm x 15.5mm

Box and bundle

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

It included a silicon cover, a cloth cover (very soft), a usb wire, 3.5mm male-male wire, a manual.

it didn't had a long 3.5 mm wire the one included is just about 12-15 cm long

Sound quality

Tested useing Nuforce Ne6, soundmagic pl50, sennheiser cx 400 II and ipod touch 3g 64gb

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00081-1.jpg

I am not much expert but here i go

when comparing the my direct sound from direct sound from ipod the bass is almost double the normal bass and the sq is also bit better, and comparing the sq with the laptop(lenovo 3000 n100) is lightyears better than the laptop so it can do a good job of external usb sound card.

comparing to fiio E5 the sound is pretty much same can't hear significant difference.

combination of E7+E5 also didn't yield much better results they were almost same.

the pl50 sounded a lot better with E7, and i take my words back that pl50 is not a good earphones.

the bass EQ was set on level 3(highest)

My words

so as a portable amp its quite similar to E5 but the dual 3.5mm pin hole and as a external sound it a ok deal for 4k

the lcd is pretty much useless as only option u have is the 3 levels of bass one button for that would have done the job.there are no other options in menu except that(others are life usb charging on,firmware info,autolock time(again useless).

Pros:

Dual 3.5mm output jack

Good amp and external sound card

Cons:

4k is bit more than i think it should be around 3k

no long 3.5mm wire m to m

don't have much functions.

LCD is just useless

and as mentioned the experience with lynx

placed order on 4th(i had 700 Rs left from last order)

10th they(E7) reached to the store.

11th i paid rest amount and they shipped it.

15th recieved in morning.

Next i am waiting for my JVC rx900 to arrive next week from KMD and collecting money for fischer eterna and klipsch s4

Ps: i haven't yet checked the life of battery.

^^^amarbir has posted this on his website today
Hi I Am Back From My Farms .Will Sort Out Any Pending Issues Tommorow If There Are Any

try to talk to him on live chat(the sales guy mostly says he has noted it down) so i mostly call amarbir or ask him to come online.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

This website sells eterna for 3600 Rs(including shipping to India from Singapore)

Fischer Audio Eterna In-Ear Monitors RV 2

they are seller on fischer website, so anyone has any experience with them?also i'll have to pay by either paypal or creditcard and i have none so any solutions for that?

Nice review. if this one doesn't have much to offer when compared to E5, then isn't it better to go for E5 which is lot more portable?

desiibond said:
Nice review. if this one doesn't have much to offer when compared to E5, then isn't it better to go for E5 which is lot more portable?
It has lot more to offer than E5 actually;)

coz primarly its a DAC and shines well in it.

desiibond said:
I also agree that E7 offers more features, but comparing it to E5 for 1k and E7 for 4k i still think its a bit overpriced.
or i guess i expected more features like eq. this is my first dac so i don't know what i should expect.:bleh:

kuki_295 said:
I also agree that E7 offers more features, but comparing it to E5 for 1k and E7 for 4k i still think its a bit overpriced.
or i guess i expected more features like eq. this is my first dac so i don't know what i should expect.:bleh:

Hee Hee ,
Well This Is a UUUUU SSSSS BBBBB Dac .Do One Thing Get Miss Poojas Latest CD [ Original ] Rip It To Flac ,Load On Laptop With basic sound hear it then use fiio E7 and Hear It

:):bleh:

Fiio E 7 was the most anticipated product of this year but it was a fail .Its not the best in it price range.It is a decent one but there are other options in that price range.

Metalspree said:
Fiio E 7 was the most anticipated product of this year but it was a fail .Its not the best in it price range.It is a decent one but there are other options in that price range.

Mind to tell us one ? :S

Metalspree said:
Nu Force Icon Mobile :p

first of all, icon mobile isnt officially available.

Second, Icon mobile is not even close to uDAC in SQ, and E7 clearly beats uDAC.

There shouldnt even be a comparison between icon mobile and E7.

And if somehow sourced here, the icon mobile will be lot expensive than E7 from a our native dealer. "

also what is really udac ,

dac should be as neutral as possible.... and accurate

amp shudnt modify the SQ

should only amp it

many people in TE tried the udac and they exactly know which one is the failure.failure means failure in soundquality

^ uDAC isn't a failure , it still is one of the best sounding DACs out there. Might not be very neutral and does add some colouration to the mids and highs to make it sound highly detailed but then it does make you go WOW everytime you try it ;) I haven't tried E7 so wont comment on which one's better.

MohitPreet said:
miss pooja bull s*** :p

:eek:hyeah: ,

Nahi Mohitpreet she has some good songs too i like that album called "Ruttan" .Sending you one pm also :p hee hee

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

manu george said:
first of all, icon mobile isnt officially available.
Second, Icon mobile is not even close to uDAC in SQ, and E7 clearly beats uDAC.
There shouldnt even be a comparison between icon mobile and E7.
And if somehow sourced here, the icon mobile will be lot expensive than E7 from a our native dealer. "
also what is really udac ,
dac should be as neutral as possible.... and accurate
amp shudnt modify the SQ
should only amp it
many people in TE tried the udac and they exactly know which one is the failure.failure means failure in soundquality

Haa Haa ,
What a reply ,Thanks for the wonderful explanation buddy .A+++ Answer .

Hee Hee ,
Well This Is a UUUUU SSSSS BBBBB Dac .Do One Thing Get Miss Poojas Latest CD [ Original ] Rip It To Flac ,Load On Laptop With basic sound hear it then use fiio E7 and Hear It

:):bleh:
I have noticed a significant differece on 320kbps songs too.:)
i meant that i haven't tried other amps(except e5) so i don't know where E7 stands in the line.:)

Back