Camera Film Cameras....

Hi its been a long while since i posted anything at all here.

After months of researching I finally decided to buy a film camera...
I have also decided on the model brand and everything.
the only thing I don't know is how much does it cost & where to buy it
(in Chennai)?

The model is Nikon FM10

Any help is appreciated :eek:hyeah:

I am not too sure, but I belive companies do not make film cameras anymore and you will have to get a used one. The Nikon FM-10 I heard is a good camera if you can find one.

I suggest that you have a look at any camera bazzar or try for a used one at jjmehta forums.

But just a question (not trying to discourage you at all !) why film ? The costs are quite high after buying the camera.

thanks nuke but the price is a bit on the higher side. I finally saw a place where they had Nikon FM10. They told the price to be 8000 for a brand new one.

BF1983: I don't think so there are many ppl who still use film cameras and also its apparently great to learn photography from film cameras instead of digital.

The shop i enquired was in spencer. any other shop tat sells film cameras??

EnigmatriX said:
thanks nuke but the price is a bit on the higher side. I finally saw a place where they had Nikon FM10. They told the price to be 8000 for a brand new one.

BF1983: I don't think so there are many ppl who still use film cameras and also its apparently great to learn photography from film cameras instead of digital.

A film body has its own advantages such as richer color, slide film, no effect on the imaging process and such but for learning, you are way way way better off with a DSLR since at the outset trust me you'd be getting rubbish out of the camera. It takes a while to get used to it.

EnigmatriX said:

ooh, is that so...i based my price seeing it was for 250-280$ in the us
pm me price you wanna offer, free shipping if you take everything

2008 is probably the last year FM10 is going to be produced. Not sure about the prices now, but bought it for 10.2k in 1999. Prices were pretty stable till the digitals took over.

Back