Final config : Last word & last min suggestion(s) ?!

Kilroyquasar

4 seconds, inhale; 4 seconds, exhale.
Skilled
Hi,

with your able assistance, constant advice by friends, and consistent & brain-swelling fact-finding done by myself, i have finally decided to take the plunge for the following gaming PC config for myself...it was a matter of about 2-2.5 weeks for the process, but it seemed like much more ! starting from a lesser budget of 30-40k, it was just a matter of time when it sky-rocketed to about 80k ! but this happens with me, and most of us, when we desire of purchasing something with cautious efforts & full-proof verification. without boring you any further, i am presenting to you below the final config, and would like you people to post in your comments freely, and suggestions, if any :
CPU + Mobo --- Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge + Asus P8Z68 V-Pro B3-Revision (i chose this one amongst ASRock Extreme 4 Z68, Asus Maximus Gene-IV Z, Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3R-B3, etc)

GPU --- MSI N580GTX Lightning 1.5GB DDR5 (Chose this one amongst MSI GTX560TI Hawk, MSI N570GTX TF2, MSI R6950 2GB TF3 PE, etc)

PSU --- Corsair TX850 V2 (Still there's a competitor left for this one, namely GlacialTech's 950W Modular PSU...will decide on the word of seller himself)

Cabinet --- CM HAF-X (Chose this one amongst NZXT Tempest EVO, CM 690 II Adv, CM HAF 912 Adv, NZXT Phantom, Lancool PC-K62, Corsair Obsidian, Antec DF-85, Antec 1200, and a whole bunch of others !)

CPU Cooler --- CM Hyper 212+ (Chose this one amongst Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright IFX-14, etc)

RAM --- Gskill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz F3-12800-CL9D 8GBXL (2 x 4GB) (Chose this one amongst Gskill Sniper, Corsair Vengeance.)

HDD - Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Total Cost = Rs. 83,746 (even am surprised while typing this figure....LOL) :-o :razz:
(and i already have Benq's G2420HD, Logitech's 2.1 Speakers, and mouse & keyboard)

Comments invited ! feel free to suggest, or add-on something to this, or suggestion regarding any worthwhile accessories that i should consider buying as a complement to this config...

will be going to lamington road this saturday (6th of august) at primeabgb for assembling.
P.S. - I already have an X360 & PS3. I hope i would be able to use their controllers (atleast of the X360) for PC Gaming too ?! pls correct me if am wrong.
Thanks a lot ! :)

If you are building this rig purely for gaming then there's no need to go for i7 2600k as i5 2500k would be enough for gaming...

Back